Scar // Wolfman // SoCal Riding!

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, it's done!

Wolfman (Dean) just left.

What an amazing day. Here's a pictorial.

Dean arrived at about 8:30 this morning. We immediately geared him up, got the bikes, and then headed toward Fun Bike Center, where the first two pix were snapped.

The 'busas just looked so damned good sitting there that I HAD to take a picture.

Fun Bike 01.jpg

Fun Bike 02.jpg

The Crew gathered at my house for a 10:00 a.m. departure...

Nick (Aussie #1) R1
Lee (Aussie #2) Ducati 848
Jimmy (who decided to ride his 'warm' bike) R1
Wolfman (on Wasabi (my Gen2))
Me (on Pegasus (my Gen1))​

...and we headed for the hills. Our first stop was the Greenfield Mobil Station where the Ducati would undoubtedly need petrol.

First Stop 01.jpg

First Stop 02.jpg

First Stop 03.jpg

Dean First Stop 01.jpg

Dean First Stop 02.jpg

Dean First Stop 03.jpg

Next up, we re-grouped along the way...here, showing the junction of Crest and Japatul...

On the Road 01.jpg

On The Road 02.jpg

On the Road 03.jpg

I see you guys had to pull over and wait on that rider with the yellow/green jacket, was that a ZX14 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Our next stop was the Lyons Valley Trading Post...a place which has, mysteriously alluded wild fires for over 100 years. Absolutely amazing. Across the street, the resident 'pet', an ASS, named BlackJack...

Very scenic riding...

Second Stop 01.jpg

Second Stop 02.jpg

Second Stop 03.jpg

Dean Second Stop 01.jpg

Dean Second Stop 02.jpg

Dean Second Stop 03.jpg

Dean Second Stop 04.jpg

After a brief visit to the apparently fire-retardant Lyon's Valley Trading Post, we decided to head toward Pine Valley for lunch at Majors.

Here are a couple of pix from that...

Lunch Stop 01.jpg

Lunch Stop 02.jpg

It was a bit chilly (not like any of you whiners out there, I know); maybe 'brisk' is a better word.

Who cares?

Anyway, after we left there, we proceeded West on the 8 and went back to Japatul. From there, we took Honey Springs road down to the 94, then headed back into the City via Telegraph Canyon Road. Most of us were in dire need of gas, so we stopped off, said our fond-farewells, before spanking the 805 North toward home...each of us taking our respective exits... Here are a number of post-ride pix...

Dean Post Ride 01.jpg

Dean Post Ride 02.jpg

Dean Post Ride 03.jpg

Dean Post Ride 04.jpg

Post Ride 03.jpg

Post Ride 05.jpg

Dean took a number of pix from the patio at my place...

Here are a few from when he first arrived, and then a couple more at the end of the day...

:beerchug:

The View 01.jpg

The View 02.jpg

The View 03.jpg

The View 04.jpg

The View 05.jpg

Sunset 01.jpg

Sunset 02.jpg

Sunset 03.jpg

Finally, Lamb, having returned from his holiday excursion, joined me and Dean for dinner at our favorite Hooters...

Here's a pic from there...

Personally, I think they had the B-String working tonight. :laugh:

In all, a fantastic day. Thanks for taking the window of opportunity and claiming it as your own, Dean. You're a good friend, and I'm eager for our motorcycle paths to cross again.

:beerchug:

Last Call Hooters.jpg

One final note...I just got a text message from Dean saying he'd safely rejoined his family in Anaheim.

Yee-hah!

Scar,
I'm having a deja vu moment with the ass.
Has he been featured in recent pics?
:whistle:

No, seriously! :laugh:

Scar,
I'm having a deja vu moment with the ass.
Has he been featured in recent pics?
:whistle:

No, seriously! :laugh:

:rofl: We get to Lyon's Valley with some regularity, so it wouldn't be any surprise that you'd seen BlackJack before. You might not recognize him right off, though, as he's wearing his 'winter coat'.

It's entirely possible that you'd seen that very coat on the runway in Milan. :laugh:

great day for a ride! did those aussies just join you from the rental spot?

i think this crap photochop may be an improvement:

crap_photochop.jpg

WTH!!!

is that a photoshop trick or two sets of twins on the left?? ???

Back