Registered
Got a neat product e-mail from boostbysmith for an ECU flashing
modual...

ECU Flashing

It looks pretty usefull...as long as you need/know what your doing with
it all.

For the average streetrider...???

Heck, I've just got a HMF exhaust and powercommander that I haven't even
had custom mapped yet. What do I do with that thing...

ecu flash is hitting main streem now..lots of guys doing it, i build my own interface and have being flashing my ecu for well over a year now, it's the only way to go as far as tuning the busa goes..:beerchug:

yeah but I guess my question is...is this unit for the semi or full professional
or is something the average joe will be able to utilize?

Isn't this thing like a powercommander on super steriods...don't you
need a dyno for all the mapping etc.?

No it's not like a power commander this adjust the ecu directely not trick it, it's pretty easy to use just download the needed software and you can start doing the basic's change rev limiter, remove six gear limiter (no more tre), use it as an kill box, shift light (or nitrous activation switch), program two different maps switchable on the fly, plus a whole lot more, the support base is getting bigger as well so lots of help available now... :beerchug:

Its all that and a ball of wax LOL. A lot of top engine builder / tuners are coming online with them. Its nice because it takes up no room on the bike, no extra boxes, just flash the ECU with your fueling / timing / rev limiter / etc etc etc changes and then take it back off.

My wifes bike made 161 hp on motor and 213 hp on nitrous, all controlled by ecu flashing, the stock ecu has a built in window switch, wot switch, map switching all utilized on her bike to spray a 50 hp dry shot with NO ADDITIONAL BOXES!! :)

This makes a power commander look like a Yugo compared to a F16 fighter jet :)

Obviously to tune a bike to proper a/f levels a dyno or logger is needed, same is true with a power commander.

But what you can do with this vs power commander is hard to compare.

You can control a LED shift light just by plugging into the flapper valve solenoid assuming you have done away with it with a small box mod, or if you are a nitrous guy, use the flapper valve solenoid to control activating your NOS via a window / wot switch.

You can also use the ecu to kill ignition, fuel, or both for air shifter kill box, thats no longer needed either :)

Greg

Greg has four videos on how to use your new found goodie......I got mine a while back....the opportunities are endless....we have arrived !!!! :super: Greg is da' MAN !!! You heard about it, and learned about it right here on the O-R-G !!!! :super:

Those videos are nice and informative. Not that I'm ready to become a programmer but interesting stuff! Thanks for posting!!

now time to mod my dyno to fit my busa.. Just gotta figure out how to secure the front wheel chock, and enable it to be moved when i wanna throw a car on it.. Nice piece for sure....

you can use the flapper valve as an rpm activated switch, i haven't had a chance to test it yet, i know a guy or 2 who have and it doesn't seem the switch stays on long enough to apply pressure to the air ram to get the bike shifted, no idea if they had everything setup correctly etc.

ill try it on my bike in the new few weeks as weather gets better.

Back