stock pipes mod

jessejones

Registered
Ok guys i have cut one of my pipes in two. I should have it back together tonight.
pics and a lengthy how-to to come. your looking at prop. 3hrs per side.but damn it looks good.

beerchug.gif

Ok guys i have cut one of my pipes in two. I should have it back together tonight.
pics and a lengthy how-to to come. your looking at prop. 3hrs per side.but damn it looks good.
this my first how to
OK this was a not to hard or not to easy mod.

your stock pipe works like this

IMAGE_038.jpg

you are turning it in to this

100_0489.jpg

just a easy sketch of how it works
you are changing it from a three chamber to a two chamber

1- dremel welds on the 3 screws that hold the cap on
( i dont have a pic of this point very easy your just taking off enough weld to remove the screws)
2- now from were you take the cap off i measured 9 1/8 from the outlet side (were the black stops) of the pipe,measure all three sides then tape it of or draw a line this is were you are going to cut.
IMAGE_037.jpg

3-after cut you will need to take the end piece the outlet side and cut 1 1/2 off of it from the end of the black once this is done strip the black outer shell off of it
it should look somthing like this
100_0502.jpg

now set that of to the side
4-your can has a mesh on the inside holding the packing take a screw driver and push the packing down in between the outer shell and the mesh to get it out of the way
5-take your wiz wheel and cut the mesh out about 1/2 inch down all the way around
100_0503.jpg

6- then you will need to cut the pipe off on the inside it needs to be a 1 1/2 shorter than what it is
you can cut half way through it with a big wheel then you will have to cut the other half from the in side with a dremel

100_0501.jpg

100_0503.jpg

should look like that when you are done

7-now your end cap can be slid in to the can the cap will be sliding down in between the mesh and the outer shell

100_0504.jpg

8- push it down tight if it does not go all the way down you may have to trim some more mesh out to get it down to the ring were the black was rolled around at

9-pop rivet in to place i did two on each side

10- then use some high temp silicon to seal the crack were you mated the two pieces

100_0507.jpg

the last couple of things
the brackets that hold the chrome cap on is to far off of the pipe so you can see the pop rivets
you might be able to bend and shape the bracket to hold it closer to the pipe but
i think im going to but a flat black stripe around the end to cover the pop rivets
or a stainless strap dont know yet but some of you might have a diffrent idea

i will post more pics when i get the other on done and put back on the bike
banghead.gif

what kind of back pressure does the r77 can offer? is it not a straight through pipe?
Ive never seen an exploded view of a R77 , for some reason the pipe makers arent anxious to show how the inners of there pipes work. But i will say this , there has to be some kind of back pressure in the R77 otherwise you would have to remap.

to but the caps back on straighten the brackets for the end cap you will more than likley break the welds on the nuts that hold the screws for the cap, i just went ahead and used 3/16 rivets to put mine back on

Now because of this single post I have someone elses air compressor and die grinder with cut off wheel in my garage and I still need the proper tools for the pop rivets! I'm starting to think I need a new hobby. And the pipes look great I hope mine turn out well too.

Way to go!! did you notice a power increase? And how much louder is it. I want to try it,  you can't get much for a used exhaust anyhow when you buy a new system.I have more time than money....

Back