Launching The 08 Busa

spot

Registered
Been playing with my busa trying to get the best launch how are some of you guys doing it could use a few pointers

aaa.JPG

I'll tell you my experience with my 07.  I was leaving at 5500 and was having quite a bit of trouble keeping the front down, note pic in sig, with a four inch stretch.  My 60's were in the 1.65 range.  I started leaving at 3500 and just almost dumping the clutch.  The bike will actually slightly bog a bit, but pulls out very quickly.  My 60's have dropped to 1.57-1.60's and I picked up 2.5 tenths in the quarter.  I know it sounds counter intuitive, but just give it a try.
beerchug.gif
If you have a strap, pull it tight, then let it off about a half inch. Of course, your weight and style will differ and require some changes from my setup, but it's a starting point.

I'll tell you my experience with my 07. I was leaving at 5500 and was having quite a bit of trouble keeping the front down, note pic in sig, with a four inch stretch. My 60's were in the 1.65 range. I started leaving at 3500 and just almost dumping the clutch. The bike will actually slightly bog a bit, but pulls out very quickly. My 60's have dropped to 1.57-1.60's and I picked up 2.5 tenths in the quarter. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but just give it a try.
beerchug.gif
If you have a strap, pull it tight, then let it off about a half inch. Of course, your weight and style will differ and require some changes from my setup, but it's a starting point.
dumping the clutch even at 3500rpm sounds scary as hell!

We were just at the track last night with mine. With a 5 inch extension, we are leaving at 7500. 1.51 60' and it ran 9.29@149. And the air was bad... we foresee 9.teens and thats with a 200 pound rider. IF we put our Jockey on it it would run 8.90's I'm sure.

I leave @ 1300 rpm's and gentally let the clutch out for a nice smooth roll-out then @ around 20mph i shift it into second
laugh.gif

I've read about launching the K8 in B mode for an easy on power launch, then shifting it into A mode after the launch. Never tried it, don't know if it will work, just something I glanced at awhile back.

Back