Secondary Butterflies

TA_GunSurgeon

Donating Member
Registered
Anybody riding without their secondary butterflies in ? I know removing these will render a,b,c mode usless. What I'm wondering is how it will help on the low end and with throttle response.

Leave em in.. the only guys that are taking them out are the big turbo guys... we still have em in our SS 1000. Makes 500HP..

This is what I have been wondering for a while also. If it works anything like removing them on the ZX-14's I'm in. I removed them on both my 14's and man, what a difference it makes. All the power down low brought back with no ill effects anywhere else in the powerband. Hell, I hear they're even removing them on the 08's with great results.
I wonder why it won't work on the Busa?

cause on the zx14, the sec flies are closed under 5-6000rpm.This not the case with the busa2...
So there is a huge improvement when you remove the sec's of the zx,and even more when combined with a pcIII.

cause on the zx14, the sec flies are closed under 5-6000rpm.This not the case with the busa2...
So there is a huge improvement when you remove the sec's of the zx,and even more when combined with a pcIII.
+1

don't mess with it, when is good all the rpms why mess with with it. you end up buying pc to get the fuel mix and air right and end up fu#@*@ing the thing up.

Huge doesn't begin to describe the diff flies out and a pcIII/good map/tre/BMC filter makes. Shocking is a better word
winkold.gif
laugh.gif
I think you could get good results on an 08 busa as well....maybe not to the same degree.....but it seems like there'd be something to gain. Nothing like having the throttle respond when YOU twist it....not when the ecu decides to twist it for you
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back