New Yosh R77

Z-Faucon

Registered
Put my FS, SS/CF Yoshi R77 on today. Lets cover the good news first. Once off the bike I put one of the bozooka cans on the scale - one single can with short pipe weighted 15.5 LBS!!
wowold.gif
WOW I am very happy with the fit and finish of Yoshimura. The system is very very light and put together just perfect. Afterward I took the bike for a short spin. Not only is it more convenient and easier to adjust the chain etc. with a 4-1 system but the weight loss was very noticable
biggrin.gif
And it looks great. The sound is not loud (I kept the baffel in) so it suits me just fine for touring.

Now for the complaint - Whoever at Suzuki who designed these new plastics can kiss my
moon.gif
. Such a great performace bike and they made it so that it takes hours to pull the left and righ side off?
pillepalle.gif
I was very carfull, done this b/4 chagning oil but this time ended up breaking off one of the male ends that go into the gromlet at the top of the cowel - near the tank.
View attachment 1354975

This is another pic, you can see the piece that broke off sitting there in the center.
View attachment 1354976

I pulled down but the damn thing is on so F'en tight that it just snapped. You should have heard me in the garage. I recal someone saying b/4 to take out the rubber gromlet. It makes it easier. I should have done that the first time. When all together with this pin broken it seems not to make much of a difference. But I wish one of you brillant members designs some after market pins/screws that can be taken on/off from the exterior. Even if I have to drill to put them in I feel it would be worth it. I like to see that if anyone has it. Otherwise there will be several of us buying new plastice now and again.

That's unfortunate.

There are a number of epoxies that will put that back on better then it was before.
Keep in mind, most epoxies that cure fast (90 seconds) stay more pliable. Epoxies that cure in an hour etc. get too hard (crispy) and can do the same thing.

The reason this happened is that, unlike the rest of the nylon pins on the fairings (that you pulled straight *outboard* to remove), those upper-most, center nylon pins must be pulled straight *upward* to clear their rubber grommets, before you try to pull the fairing outboard as you do with the rest of the pins.

'Tis a bummer, but if it can't be repaired and it bothers you that much, you can buy just that smaller upper dash piece (which contains your broken off pin).

bought the S/Steel R77s aswell but only the mufflers, like the double look better waitng to recieve them will post pics when fitted
beerchug.gif

Same here, I ordered the r77 cf slip-on's yesterday:) I can't wait to hear them.. I think I will remove the insert before I put them on, I hear people having problems removing with them on the bike.

I broke the same one pulling the right fairing off the second time! I can't stand for something like that to not be right, so I bought the upper for the fairing! After all was said and done, the plastic and the two glue on peices, it was almost $80.00! Now that is the first one I look at pulling out!

Thats my only complaint with my Busa...but its a BIG one in my book. Its just ridiculous to design a bike with plastics this hard and fragile/tricky to work with......a HUGE  
thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif
 to Suzuki for their idiotic plastic designs. Because of the plastics I won't be buying another busa until they change the designs. The idiots who were behind the design of the plastics mounting should be  
spank.gif
 and then  
guns.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

For now, since it is on the oil changing right side, I think I'll leave it alone to determine if it moves, rattles etc. If it's okay w/o the pin, IMO it's one less pin to deal with each oil change. Otherwise if needed then I'll try the epoxie. I've got some Pasco epoxie, dries in seconds and creates a solid bond.

Thanks for the last resort suggestion Warchild to buy the upper. Your right, the back piece is seperate. But I fear not cheap - $80? This particular rubber gromlet is especially hard to get at and tight. What I really wish for is some sort of external fastener. Like the ones on the MV Agusta. Don't you think? It would be a fast selling mod!! Be extra careful with the plastics guys.

Go to your local body shop and if they do new technology work there is a bonding agen they use I cant think of the name of it right off can give it to you tomorrow but it is super strong and comes in black and gray. They make 2 kinds 1 for metal and 1 for plastic the one for metal they use to replace skins with instead of welds and it is stronger than actually welding with a wire or arc just to give you some hx on it. It comes in a tube like caulk and has to be mixed it is 2 part like an epoxy but I know it will fix it and if you know the guys for that small of a project it will probably be FREE!!!!!!!!!! Thats a lot better than $80, I will PM you tomorrow with the actual name if you can find it in your local body shop, DD

Shop called today!My R77 4 into 1 full carbon is in.I'll pick it up tomarrow.I want to install it right away but I'm thinking I might wait another 250 miles and do when I do my first oil change at 500 miles so I don't have to deal with the plastics twice.

Back