Wow.. That's all I can say.. Really.

ChrisSK

Registered
So yesterday my boss and I decided to go for a small ride, about 80 miles round trip.. It was sunny out, and about 40* out.. Freakin cold, but I was havin a shitty week and needed to get out.

Well, I put about 40 miles on the bike prior to this ride, and rode it strictly in Mode B to break myself into the bike.. Didn't feel the need to have all the power on my first 50 miles since I'm really not used to the bike. Well, about 10 miles into the ride, I decided to man up and click her into "A" and stretch her wings. All I have to say is this bike is f*cking disgusting.. It makes my old Aprilia's feel like a moped. The stretch of road was straight, for about a mile, and that mile ended REALLY fast.. I hit the speed limiter on the bike, which surprised the **** out of me because I didn't realize I was going that fast.. When I slowed down, the Harley was not even a SPEC in my mirror.

I think I finally found the bike that I will keep for more then a year... I'm f*cking impressed... So impressed that I stopped at the bike shop on the way home and picked up a Power Commander
lol1.gif

*$%^#@ kidding? my $^&#&*@((! bike is the @$#^&!@(! too... maybe your $*#$$! should get a #@@(*$& for #$#%@ days.

now you need to get rid of those heavy cans and save you 25 pounds and see the difference in power and handling.

Glad you're enjoying your bike. No need for a power commander in that with the closed loop system the 08 tunes itself. Just add a free flowing air filter and exhaust and you're looking at apx. 195 rwhp... Now you can do something really stupid like me and add a turbo...LOL

Congrats on the Busa! Glad you got one too. I know its a bike that I've fallen in love with since I got it. Worth ALL the hype. And with sites like this, and people like us, I've determined that there is just as big of a following as all the "Harley" people. Been that route too. But amazingly, other guys on Harleys wouldn't stop to help you out or even wave at you most of the time. Busa boys come from the woodwork just to say hi and ride.

now you need to get rid of those heavy cans and save you 25 pounds and see the difference in power and handling.
They are long gone, I have the Yosh R77 Carbon Full exhaust.

As for the power commander, I really don't need it? I thought to get the most out of the bike, the PC would be a good add on.

You only did a 50 mile break in ? Then went and redlined the bike ? Well glad you like it everyone does it diff.

I was always told to break the vehicle in how you plan to drive it? and Chris glad you had a safe and fun ride man i bet your boss is going to buy one this afternoon lol
thumb_up.gif

You only did a 50 mile break in ? Then went and redlined the bike ? Well glad you like it everyone does it diff.
I am a firm believer in breaking an engine in hard.. I tune cars for a living, and our shop puts together some very high horsepower Subaru's with some big $ engines in them.. We put the car together, drive them around the block to make sure everything is ok, then throw them on the dyno.. Our race cars are all treated that way, and have never let us down once.. Ofcourse this is assuming the cars have good parts and tuning involved.

I have no intention of treating my bike any different, in fact, she is going on the dyno this week with less then 100 miles on it.

<- Chris on Dan's machine.

Back