Got my new Yosh R77

Z-Faucon

Registered
Received my new Yosh FS SS/CF for my Gen II today. Needless to say it's pretty exciting. Exhaust had mid pipe collector connected to the header exhaust with springs on. And the Carbon Fiber muffler had the pipe on. Both were secure in the poured foam and wrapped in clear plastic. Box had been retaped. Once out I see that the welds look dirty, and the O2 sensor threds have black soot or dirt. Cicular welds on pipes also look dirty especially the collector welds. Welds for springs all have dark dirt. Interior of headers look clean and no discolorization. I may be getting carried away here but not ever having a Yosh b/4 should I be concerned? Bought the pipe from one of the e-bay vendors.

Lastly, when installing should I buy new header gaskets? And should I coat the pipes going into the couplers with copper sealer? or just install as is?

dunno.gif

No copper gaskets are needed. You remove them and put the header primary tubes into the exhaust ports and go from there.

Well if it is polish that makes me feel much better. It sure looks like dirt. I'm understanding that you remove the stock header gaskets within each exahust port and don't use them?

Back