R77 Install Time

Italian Trev

Registered
Owing to time constraints I'm having my R77 full system installed during the first service on Monday.

My dealer will charge me/ hr obviously. As I'm leaving myself open to him ripping me off I'm trying to get a fair idea of how long it takes.

Any of you guys who've done so, I'd v.much appreciate to hear from you.

Thanks

Trev
thumb_up.gif

Getting the fairings off will be a challenge!!! Then my system was a pain in the rear 2 line up!!! Had to take it all apart and rubber hammer most of it into place, after lubing the pipes in oil. Take your time!!!! Line everything up!!! Check over a few times and then clean with brake cleaner to remove grease and finger prints!!!

I am having my dealer install mine.. he is charging me 2 hours. around 180 bucks. but for me it is worth every penny, cause if they mess up, they pay up.. lol... plus this way every thing is still under warranty..
beerchug.gif

I am installing mine tonight; I'll have some complete hours for you ...

NOTE:

"This is considering I have probably every tool any good Suzuki shop has if not more (except for specialty) being an engineer for 26 years with GM... All air tools, Allen sockets, swivel sockets etc. About $300,000.00 in SAE and metric Snap-On tools"

I removed the cowls yesterday and the factory exhaust. Knowing now what's involved and exactly where everything is I could do both cowls and the lower in 30 minutes next time. The oil cooler and radiator were quick and the exhaust was off in another 15 minutes using an air ratchet and the correct metric Allen sockets. (Care taken to alternate the removal slowly on each of the two header bolts or the tension will bend bolts)

I will update on the assembly as that will take a little longer. I high temp spray paint the insides of my headers and bake them in with the exhaust, doing this 3 times. I have always done this (Old hot rodding tip) with chrome or stainless headers on cars and bikes and never do I get a tint of blue or purple on them. The most important part is that you compensate for the leanness you will create ASAP. Also removing any oils including from your hands from the pipes with alcohol before bringing them up to temp.

My guess right now (with an experienced tech and proper tools) would be no more then 2-3 hours and that's being generous. With the cowls off etc. I also installed my adjustable lowering links and Power commander in short time.

This is roughly a 3-ish hour operation.... removing the two side fairings is most of the drama. The rest is pretty straight-forward exercise. Having the correct tools and the proper amount of patience makes for a much better installation experience.

Forum software here are .org won't allow you to post large, hi-res photos directly in the threads, but here are 17 extremely detailed close-up photos of the Yosh 4-2-1 R-77 installation process that may give you some insight into this job.

Good luck.... and post up them pics when you're done, 'bro!
cool.gif

Yes, I'd say if a shop is willing to do this in 2 hours jump on it...

The first time you remove the fairings will eat most of this time up alone! Now, after you've done it less than 20 minutes.. My system took most of the day cause things weren't lining up and it was my first Yosh exhaust in almost twenty years. Fit and finish are awesome... I did the oil/filter change at this time as well.

Ordered mine yesterday.Sould be here in about 4 days.Post up how the install goes so I know what to expect.

300,000 WOW
That includes what we call the Taco wagon (Box) Price Snap-On tools lately
sadnews.gif

Just returned with My R77... No dents or dings in this one... Hoo ya!
Yes, I know, I have mostly Snap-on tools 95%, including a Snap-on upper and lower chest as well as a couple of Craftsman boxes. I've been a ASE certified mehanic for almost thirty years. As far as time goes, I already had my fairings off when I did my R-77 install, took me about thirty min.

Hey War got my rotors on, took a month to get them, thanks they look great.
thumb_up.gif
Also installed a Vortex Cat5 sprocket.

Hey War got my rotors on
Cool, mang, let's see the pics!
cool.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
took a month to get them, thanks they look great.[/quote]

Yeah, the vendor got caught off-guard with the huge numbers on that Group Buy.... over 200 dudes bought up almost $75,000.00 worth of Galfer goodies! It was a pretty killer Group Buy, even though some guys are still waiting of rotors from Spain.... glad you got yours!
thumb_up.gif

300,000 WOW
That includes what we call the Taco wagon (Box) Price Snap-On tools lately
sadnews.gif

Just returned with My R77... No dents or dings in this one... Hoo ya!
I've been a ASE certified mehanic for almost thirty years.
Busa Wizard

Congrats
thumb_up.gif

I was a field engineer for GM for 25 years... Worked with the GM dealers on problem children. They required we also get our ASE formerly NIASE Master cert which I did in 82. Kept it up until retirement in 06.

Tool investment came from my Street Rodding days.

Hats off to ya...

Trust me I thought I had the 1 out of 100 set that was just a pain in the a$$! My Arko for the 02 1k was by far super easy as well as the bikes I have owned. This was the first time a system fought me. Trust me!!! I had a few people over watching me as I took the day old bike apart and try to put the system on with the problems I had. And expressed there concerns, after watching me do this before on other models.

Back