Two Brothers Full System Exhaust or Slip-Ons???

Dizzy

Registered
The slip ons give you 2 pipes... but this chart:

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Se....ans.pdf

Shows a lot of dips in the powerband. Wouldn't then be better to get a full exhaust with one pipe that has a powerband that is smoother like this:

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Se....ULL.pdf

My problem is with sound... I hear that with only one pipe, there is severe back pressure. With two pipes this isnt an issue. But I dont understand the concept of back pressure. Sure I like the smoother powerband, but the Busa has power in spades... I'm more after sound. So where should I put my money? Two pipes or one? I've heard the two brother pipes... they are deep and throaty... Makes your bike sound really mean. Please help!

Diz

I have the two-bro's dual slip-on's on my 08 busa, i love the looks and love the sound but i don't like that they won't let you lower your shifter down. the factory exhaust has a dent in it for clearance issues. It boils down to your check book or credit card limit, if your on a budget go for the slip-on's no budget get the full pipe and p/c

Sure I like the smoother powerband, but the Busa has power in spades... I'm more after sound. So where should I put my money? Two pipes or one?

You somewhat answered your own question. The bike is excessively powerful already so why be concerned over minor differences in power? The guys here may have hardware recommendations for those who want peak power, but otherwise, why not go with your other priorities?

A single provides easier chain maintenance and drops a few more pounds. Slip-on mufflers can preserve all of the hardware that makes the bike less smelly. Some like dual exhausts because they want a symmetric bike (what weirdos. :poke:) Then there is the finish and look to consider. Make yourself happy!

Can you find a good tuner? Right there is additional power left on the table.

• Haha
Reactions: Zee
The main reason to go with a full system single muffler is the weight loss. Slipons reduce weight but the stock header is still heavy. A single muffler looks more racy too. A full system is often not that much more expensive than a full system. If I were to get slipons, I'd go with an inexpensive set of used ones and replace that with a full system when I could afford it.

Back