Waited three weeks and it's broke

High-Gain Busa

Registered
This sucks

I've waited three weeks for this back-ordered pipe to get in and the carbon wrap is cracked where it wraps around one of the 3 corners and of course, it's right on top. It looks like Yosi.... was in a hurry to fill back orders.

Anyone else seen this? This bothers me that even a good one may do this later.

cracked_carbon.jpg

Does look like it was dropped or something was dropped on it. Sorry to hear it and hope they take care of it.

Send it back or get ahold of the shipping company to get some kind of replacement or reimbursement.
thumb_up.gif

In the pics, it looks flattened a little where the cracks are, they're pretty well protected in the box with the spray foam.

Yoshimura is a good company, I'd be interested in knowing if they exchange it for you.

I ordered it the day I purchased the bike from the dealer and one of the employees actually brought it by today on his way home. This left Yosi this way as the box was perfect and that's what has me most furious.

Edit: I just put the pipe back in the box and see what happened. The Carbon fiber tip was either not pushed down far enough in the foam before curing or the foam expanded and pushed the tip up as the header pipe sits right on it. All it would take is a little travel like this and the carbon fiber would eventually crush.

I hope youhave better luck that I did with Yoshi. I quit buying from them at all. Years ago I bought a full exhaust for a GSXR750 and it had the wrong mid pipe with it. I called and ask for the right one to be rushed to me since my bike was unrideable. They said NO. No new pipe until I returned the old one or bought the correct one and then they would refund it after they got the wrong one back. They even had me read the part number off the mid pipe and confirmed it was their mistake but still refused to make it right without my credit card number.

I thought that was pissy and never bought from them again. Thankfully the guys at KWS motorsports sent me one no charge so I could get back on the road.

Sorry about your luck!! I would be pissed too
firedevil.gif
!!! I hope they make it up to you. I have the ti-can and full system and it is nice!

I may have some luck here...

The cracked carbon is very very close to where the clamp goes and if I new it would cover it I would install it and live with the fact that I know it's cracked underneath.

Is anyone willing to measure from the logo (assuming they are all put in the same place)over and tell me where the bracket starts?

This is hard to judge without installing the whole system first.

I may have some luck here...

The cracked carbon is very very close to where the clamp goes and if I new it would cover it I would install it and live with the fact that I know it's cracked underneath.

Is anyone willing to measure from the logo (assuming they are all put in the same place)over and tell me where the bracket starts?

This is hard to judge without installing the whole system first.
Dude, you paid near $1000 bucks for that thing. It shouldn't be any thing BUT perfect. Don't be impatient send it back and get a replacement.

Definitely looks like it was crushed/smacked.

Send it back, you may have to wait for another one. But it'll be worth the wait when you get a perfect one
coolold.gif

Sorry to hear, as much money as you spent on thier system, don't settle for anything less than new condition. Thank goodness mine was ok.
thumb_up.gif

send it back! way to much money invested for you to settle for that! knowing it was messed up id never be content with it. but thats just me.
beerchug.gif

Back