ELECTRIC SHIFTER

Wow, that seems like a huge amount of money. Electric / Air systems can be bought or built for lot less. Cycle-tek sells the killbox w/ wiring harness for $130. Plugs right into 08 Busa. The air cylinder is $27 from Grainger, solenoid is $30 and the paint ball bottle goes for $18 at the local WalMart. Throw in some fittings and some sweat equity and your under $200 for whole system. Cycle-tek sels whole systems running on CO2 or compressed air for $360ish or so. Autozone sells miniature compressors that can be mounted in tail or nose. 120 psi air gauge can be swiped from work. Several folks sell systems running off the nitrous bottle, but I would recomend against it. I have never heard of one reliably working at the track. I'm not a big fan of CO2 either because it always runs out when you're ready to pull into lanes.

The electrics are still around because there is nothing to re-fill and they can downshift.

They are a better option for street use but yeah they are expensive.

The electrics are still around because there is nothing to re-fill and they can downshift.

I think they are overly proud of them.... I guess it is either fork out or build a DIY.. time to start doing some digging... paddle shifters on the busa would be fun
laugh.gif

I hate to flaunt my ignorance here, but what exactly does an electric shifter do? And as for downshifting, will it blip the throttle to prevent backlash as we all do when manually downshifting?

Air is the way to go...I have a compressor on mine, along with an auto switch to turn it on and shut it off.. I dont even think about it. Downshifting is a foot job, but thats no problem..

We have had excellent results with Reguilators on NOS bottles for airshifter use.. all our NOS bikes are set up this way.

Auto downshifting seems like a dangerous thing to do if you have done the clutch mod. The rear wheel locks up pretty easy during high rpm downshits with the back torque limiter removed. I would be afraid of hitting the button by accident. Accidental upshifts are no big deal. As CDI says, an airshifter with a compressor and autoswitch is completely transparent.

Hmmm...Those shifts looked about as smooth as I did manually the first time I ever swung my leg over a bike.

Think I'll stick to what I know.
Yep those are some gnarly shifts. I can foot shift that fast with a clutch jab, and be a HELL of alot easier and quieter on the tranny. Was he blipping the throtttle or was that an ignition kill?
Thats why I'm gonna try foot shifting my stretched/dropped 1100 at the strip first to see if I need a shifter. I suspect they're a little more abusive than I'll be on the tranny
winkold.gif
We'll see tho
laugh.gif

Back