MPG

scoop08

Registered
I have the 4-2-1-2 TiForce and PCIII on the K8, getting 50 mpg. I was getting 50 mpg bone stock so no change. Bike runs awesome. I hear some folks getting much less. Whats your experience with mileage?
lurk.gif

This is promising news for me scoop, because I will have pretty much the same setup as you when I get home. I like big numbers when it comes to MPG.

50 mpg stock all highway.....with the first 210 miles it saw. Around town stock 39.6mpg and then with the r-77 39.7mpg Both city/highway!!! With 600 miles on the clocks. My 02 1k gets the best of 48mpg highway and the same city/highway 39.5-9mpg. So the big boy does well!!!
bowdown.gif

I average 35mpg city/highway an at best got 39mpg. I wonder if this has to do with me having the CA model? I installed a yosh R77 full system and showed no increase.

Must be nice, i only get about 30 mpg! If im riding it like a girl!
beerchug.gif

i really wonder if you guys know where the throttle is
cool.gif
cause even on my days when i take super easy i've only seen 35 tops in the city but i really don't ever do any highway so i really couldn't ever tell yall that

My 1st tank was around 34 mpg. I figure it will land somewhere around 38-42 long term like my last Busa and if I nurse it (steady 75 on hwy) - maybe 45+

Mid-low 30's. If I ride in a constant crouch I can get mid-low 40's. I'm sure my size (230) has an effect on the MPG.

filled up on the way to dyno made 4 or pulls then filled back up half way hom. Had 172 miles on tank and it got 48mpg.

I ride the speed limit..seldom faster...shifts at 3-4 grand and cruise mid 3 grand to mid 4 grand results in good mileage. Track day I used 4 gallons to go 100 miles so the bike can use some fuel.

Scoop08: I pretty much do the same as you for shifts 3k to 4k for cruise'n. However I have cracked it wide open a few times, and man it makes my 02 1k feel SLOW!!!!

^<^ ...I hate to say this but I still have never opened the throttle to the stop. I just adjust where I am in the power band with rpm by gear selection and then modulate the gas to avoid too much front wheel lift, traction in corners on entry, through the turn and exit or help with direction changes...ie, when you are on the gas it is hard to change direction. I have given it 90% I am sure, just never hit the stop and wanted more like all my other bikes. Maybe a long straight with my competitor pulling me would make me want more...just have not had that experience yet. So, my mileage while cruising is absolutely better than I ever expected.
lurk.gif

Back