HELP!!!  I'm locked out!!

Iowadiver

Registered
I will admit to my stupidity here... I had the tail section off and of course had to disconnect the cabel that unlocks the hump... put it all back together and forgot to re-connect the cable. Hump back on and in place=can't open it now. I figure the only way to get to it is to disassemble from the underside up... there is a bracket under the fender I can remove that should drop down the undertail section and hopefully allow access to the trunk. Does anyone have any secret tricks to avoid all this work?

You arent the first and prolly wont be the last. I had to pull the undertail off to get to mine last time I did it. MCMustang has some tricks that might help.

here ya go
beerchug.gif

click linky

I didn't go through the taillight but went in through the front of the hump with coat hanger shaped like an L a looooooooooong L.

not yet... i'm on vacation in WVA skiing... I'm probably going to go with the undertail removal idea... the K8 rear end doesn't permit you to remove the tail light housing unless you have the rear section off and can acess it from the inside.

For the 100th time... dont disconnect the cable! take out the 2 bolts that hold the lock mechanism on.....

Remove the front seat, take out the section infront of the pillion seat/hump and with a slender hand you can get your hand up to the release mechanism, we have all been there and done that

Back