mikeridesbikes

Registered
hope this is rite place to post...got my 2008 busa couple months ago and does anyone elses bike sound like crap when u start it up (from the engine) I started it up when it had about 200 miles on it and went to turn the throttle just a little bit to get the rpms up and a big CLUNK came from the engine,after it warmed up I rode it around and it seemed fine,but everytime i start it when its cold it just doesnt sound rite. I have about 700 miles on it now no more clunking just (like I said before) just doesnt sound rite..

Its all stock for now,but saving up for brocks alien head exhaust,just ordered puig double bubble,and tag bracket that bolts to left side of swing arm...other then that I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! I only started riding last year and I put ALOT of miles on the 06 ninja 650R...big change! probably trade this in for an 09 busa anniversay edition,hopefully they have something cool come out...just want to thank everyone on here I have gotten tons of good info from everyone on this site

see ya on the street
mike

Welcome to the oRg.... Sounds are very hard to discribe on the net. With that said our beloved Busa has always been a noisey piece of work at first warm up. Then by days end it tends to quiet down just a bit. I'd say if your having any second doubts take it in and have it looked at.

06 is noisy compared to the 08. Ks-waterbug is right, take it in. The 08 should not be making too much noise.

Welcome.
beerchug.gif
Which part of WA state?

thats what i have a problem with: no longer having a fast idle to warm the bike up to operating temperature! up here i nthe great white north, its cold mornings, start up is going to be a areal pain. The engine needs to warm up, with all the oil in the bottom of the pan to circulate its way to the head.

thats what i have a problem with: no longer having a fast idle to warm the bike up to operating temperature! up here i nthe great white north, its cold mornings, start up is going to be a areal pain. The engine needs to warm up, with all the oil in the bottom of the pan to circulate its way to the head.
No fast idle?

Did you set the fast idle adjustment for "ambient tempratures below 33 degrees - 3 minutes" in the digital display settings option?

welcome.gif
to the Org. Change your oil out to a synthetic type it helps quiet things down a bit.

I started it up when it had about 200 miles on it and went to turn the throttle just a little bit to get the rpms up and a big CLUNK came from the engine,after it warmed up I rode it around and it seemed fine,
Just guessing here, but that sounds like a cold engine backfire. Fuel enrichment circuit wasn't quite enriching enough, when you opened the throttle it went leaner and resulted in a small backfire. Not a big problem, just let it warm a little longer.  

And welcome to the Org
hello.gif

Mike, be sure to catch up with the other Northwesterners in the Geographic forum... I'm stationed at Fort Lewis but from Everett originally (currently in Iraq. Again.) I'll have my '08 as soon as I get home. There are quite a few of us from around WA state and in OR.

Mike, be sure to catch up with the other Northwesterners in the Geographic forum... I'm stationed at Fort Lewis but from Everett originally (currently in Iraq. Again.) I'll have my '08 as soon as I get home. There are quite a few of us from around WA state and in OR.
Come home safe bro to your family, congrats on getting your self an 08
hello.gif

thanks armybusa08...I was over there in 2005,unit just got put on alert again,so we'll see...maybe we can catch up for a ride when u get back...i have a buddy stationed at ft. lewis too...stay safe over there!

Back