tank removal 08 busa

topgun61

Registered
How hard is it to remove the tank on the 08 busa, is it different from the gen 1. I know there is the fuel gauge connector, but is there a quick disconnect for the fuel line and when you disconnect it will the gas still run out. Do you remove the tank hinge bolts and if so are they hard to come out. Reason I'm asking is because I picked up my blue 08 on tuesday and it had a couple of chips in the front of the gas tank, and don't ask me how they got there and they want me to leave the bike and we have been getting alot of rain, so if it is and easy job and if it is alright with the dealer I rather do it myself, I realy don't like anyone working on my bike but me. Besides I want to send the wheels out for chroming and I can not take off the wheels until they do the tank, Thanks, Mike..

Same as the gen one, you have the quick connect on the fuel line, fuel gauge plug, two or three vacuum lines on the right bottom. The four bolts are the two up front by the steering head and two on the frame, take them out and don't mess with the hinge bolts. These two are the bolts that attach the hinge to the frame. Only a small amount of fuel will come out.

Thanks busa 159, just have to see what the dealer says.
thumb_up.gif

Back