YOSH VS TWO BROS

BIKE DUDE

Donating Member
Registered
I'M LOOKING TO PUT A FULL SYSTEM ON MY K8 AND HAVE NARROWED IT DOWN TO TWO DIFFERENT ONES.
I FIRST LIKE THE YOSHIMURA R77 FULL CARBON BECAUSE OF ITS LOOKS,SOUND AND PERFOMANCE.THE FACT THAT I DON'T HAVE TO RUN A PCIII IF I DON'T WANT TO TUNE FOR THAT LAST 1 OR 2 HP IS A PLUS TOO. I'D BEEN PRICING ON LINE AND WENT TO MY DEALER WHO SOLD ME THE BIKE TO GET THEM TO MEET OR BEAT THE BEST PRICE I FOUND ON LINE.(WHICH IS WHAT THE SHOP SAID THEY DO FOR ANYONE WHO BUYS A BIKE)
THEY TOLD ME TO CONSIDER A TWO BROTHERS PIPE (THAT THEY JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE IN STOCK HANGING ON THE WALL).I WAS TOLD IT'S A LITTLE BETTER PIPE ,IN THEIR OPINION,CHEAPER,AND BETTER COMPANY AND WARRENTY?I DON'T KNOW THE MODEL OF THE 2 BROS BUT WAS QUITE SIMILAR TO THE YOSH.CHROME 4 INTO 1,CARBON CAN WITH LIKE PART GOLD END CAPS ON THE CAN.IS TWO BROS ANY BETTER OR WORSE THAN THE R77 CARBON OR IS THE SHOP JUST TRYING TO SELL ME WHAT "THEY" HAVE OR MAKE MORE MONEY ON?I WANT TO TRUST THEM BUT?
rock.gif

BOTH ARE NICE BUT I THINK I LIKE THE YOSH BETTER AND THEY'RE TRYING TO TALK ME OUT OF IT.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I have Two Brothers and really like it. Having said that however, buy what you like because in the end you won't be happy if (in your own opinion) you go with second best! Just my $.02!

They need to come out with some pipes that aren't off center. You would think that either one of these companies wouldn't made a better product looks wise. It seems like it would off balance the bike a little. Once company comes out with some asymetrical pipes, I'll buy them. Until then Stock is staying on.

They need to come out with some pipes that aren't off center. You would think that either one of these companies wouldn't made a better product looks wise. It seems like it would off balance the bike a little. Once  company comes out with some asymetrical pipes, I'll buy them. Until then Stock is staying on.
From the description he gave, these are 4-2-1 systems, which only have one can so the offcenter issue isn't there.

I'd like to see the Two Bros header design, if it's not stepped, I'd go with the Yosh...althought Two Bros have some of the best sound around.

That's what I run.

Yeah, i'm not big on the one sided thing either. I like symetry ( that how you spell it?). Just trying to be patient for something close.

Hmmm...it's a toss up really. Personally I like the look of the Yosh much better and I believe the sound is similar between the two. Your choice really. I wish they made more dual full systems for the Busa. I don't like the single can exhaust look as much - especially on this bike.

I have the Yosh R-77 CF and love it. I love the 4-2-1 design. But then again, to each is on.
thumb_up.gif

Yoshi have been in bed with Suzuki for years.
Untold amounts of data have been offerred to Yoshi right from manufacturer's own data.
I'd say Yoshimura are probably ahead of the other manufacturer's or systems so I'd likely go with them.
Not to mention that the R77 Carbons are the sickest looking pipes out there.

Not sure though that I'd ever consider buying a full system for street use.
It just isn't necessary. But then again, neither is owned "The Fastest Production Motorcycle on the Planet".
cool.gif

From the looks of the installation instructions on two bros site, it doesn't appear they've gone with a stepped header design.  Stepped headers (going from a smaller diameter at the head to a larger diameter in the down tubes) generally offer a little better scavenging with the system and can usually out perform non-stepped designs under certain conditions.  However, you must consider that each exhaust is tuned to make power at a certain RPM.  That being said, some systems offer more low end grunt, others offer more up top.

I've never personally tested systems back to back, but I've gathered this info over the years of reading lots of posts.

I can say that my two bros headers (2003) are not stepped and I made more power down low than a Brocks sidewinder setup, but on the top end, the Brocks out performed.  The most significant difference was the stepped header design which increases scavenging as I said earlier.

Now consider we are only talking a few horses here, so pick whichever one you want to look at everyday.  I see Yosh on every corner, and Two bros are the most unique carbon fiber designs out there. I wish they still made the gold ones like mine!

rtside.jpg

beerchug.gif

Anybody know what the Two Bros full system weighs compared to the Yosh? I can't seem to find any info on the weight of the Two bros exhaust.

Personally I like the look of the two bros better than the yosh but thats just me.

I assume that like the R-77's a power commander is not required with the twobros as well?

From the looks of the installation instructions on two bros site, it doesn't appear they've gone with a stepped header design.  Stepped headers (going from a smaller diameter at the head to a larger diameter in the down tubes) generally offer a little better scavenging with the system and can usually out perform non-stepped designs under certain conditions.  However, you must consider that each exhaust is tuned to make power at a certain RPM.  That being said, some systems offer more low end grunt, others offer more up top.

I've never personally tested systems back to back, but I've gathered this info over the years of reading lots of posts.

I can say that my two bros headers (2003) are not stepped and I made more power down low than a Brocks sidewinder setup, but on the top end, the Brocks out performed.  The most significant difference was the stepped header design which increases scavenging as I said earlier.

Now consider we are only talking a few horses here, so pick whichever one you want to look at everyday.  I see Yosh on every corner, and Two bros are the most unique carbon fiber designs out there.  I wish they still made the gold ones like mine!

rtside.jpg

beerchug.gif
I agree thats some skinny tubing..

Now consider we are only talking a few horses here, so pick whichever one you want to look at everyday.  I see Yosh on every corner, and Two bros are the most unique carbon fiber designs out there.  I wish they still made the gold ones like mine!

rtside.jpg

beerchug.gif
I agree thats some skinny tubing..
Mine is actually a full dual system, hence the smaller dia pipes to two cans instead of a larger one to one.  Make sense? I am running same dia pipe from end of header thru the muffler. Larger pipe would slow flow in this case and create a bottleneck at the muffler. A single side system would use a larger midpipe because of the added flow from the other side.

I have the Yosh R-77 Carbon and I love it. I have the 4-2-1 it has alot less weight and more hp. Look close at the two bros. If you look at the pics here in this blog, and then look at all the pics from all the blogs. Yosh has the better fit and they do work very close with suzuki! Yosh is what they run on the factory race team bikes!
thumb_up.gif

I have the Yosh R-77 Carbon and I love it. I have the 4-2-1 it has alot less weight and more hp. Look close at the two bros. If you look at the pics here in this blog, and then look at all the pics from all the blogs. Yosh has the better fit and they do work very close with suzuki! Yosh is what they run on the factory race team bikes!
thumb_up.gif
+100, Yosh has got it down when it comes to the Suzuki bikes.

thumb_up.gif
+100, Yosh has got it down when it comes to the Suzuki bikes.
+ 1
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

biker's that i know who have had the yosh just like the sound of the 2 bro's better, it more of a choice i went with the 2 bro's because of what my friends said and i'm very happy

DSC00745__Large_.JPG

They need to come out with some pipes that aren't off center. You would think that either one of these companies wouldn't made a better product looks wise. It seems like it would off balance the bike a little. Once  company comes out with some asymetrical pipes, I'll buy them. Until then Stock is staying on.
There is just over 3 HP diff (179.90 vs 183.24 from their dyno numbers) between these slip on pipes and Yosh full 1 pipe system...
For my money I like this look !
View attachment 1332204
View attachment 1332205

There is just over 3 HP diff  (179.90 vs 183.24 from their dyno numbers) between these slip on pipes and Yosh full 1 pipe system...
For my money I like this look !
img008a.jpg

img013.jpg
yea but weight difference?
winkold.gif

Most of the weight on the Busa exhaust is in the cans. There is only a few pounds difference in the Full system and stock with the Carbon Fiber slip on's.
Hell if I just skip the PIZZA once in a while I could save more weight than that
beerchug.gif

Back