New Owner

Clocker

Registered
Hello all,
I've been checking out this site for several months as a guest. I'd like to start off by saying that not only am I impressed by the amount of information available, but also by the level of professionalism and courtesy exhibited by everyone.
I'm a Triumph fan at heart, but I knew that someday I'd like to have a Busa. My opinion is that you can't get a bigger bang for the buck, and I've always liked the styling. If the new variant hadn't come out, I was going to try and find a '06 LE as I really like the looks of it.
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Blue K8 at Champion Motorsports in Sterling, VA. I got it for approx. $10,400 with a 30 day temp tag, but I'm still going to have to fork over some bucks when I register it here in MD for tax, tags, etc. I did a lot of price shopping over the past couple of months and basically found that the VA/WVA dealers had the best prices. I bought the blue one because my daughter liked the color. I also heard through the rumor mill that it was the slowest color of the three, so I figured I wouldn't have any traffic law related issues. I'm beginning to have my doubts about that, though. I'm going to do some basic mods to it, and I'm sure that I'm going to start off with a set of Heli-bars. I'm heading over soon to check if that group buy for them is still on. I'll post some pics later. Take care.

Welcome to the oRg!! Congrats on the new toy...
beerchug.gif

Hurry up with the pics because the gang here will hound you 'til you post 'em
poke.gif

Dealer told me blue was the fastest, Ill have to talk to him about that! Welcome
thumb_up.gif

500WidthBusa.jpg

Hello all,
I've been checking out this site for several months as a guest. I'd like to start off by saying that not only am I impressed by the amount of information available, but also by the level of professionalism and courtesy exhibited by everyone.
I'm a Triumph fan at heart, but I knew that someday I'd like to have a Busa. My opinion is that you can't get a bigger bang for the buck, and I've always liked the styling. If the new variant hadn't come out, I was going to try and find a '06 LE as I really like the looks of it.
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Blue K8 at Champion Motorsports in Sterling, VA. I got it for approx. $10,400 with a 30 day temp tag, but I'm still going to have to fork over some bucks when I register it here in MD for tax, tags, etc. I did a lot of price shopping over the past couple of months and basically found that the VA/WVA dealers had the best prices. I bought the blue one because my daughter liked the color. I also heard through the rumor mill that it was the slowest color of the three, so I figured I wouldn't have any traffic law related issues. I'm beginning to have my doubts about that, though. I'm going to do some basic mods to it, and I'm sure that I'm going to start off with a set of Heli-bars. I'm heading over soon to check if that group buy for them is still on. I'll post some pics later. Take care.
welcome to the madness
beerchug.gif

champions is down the street from me... I ended up getting mine from Romney in WV because no one around me wanted to budge off MSRP back in November
pissed.gif

Welcome to Mayhem Central and to the '08 sect.

Glad you finally made the switch.

p.s. I think the dealer told you it was the slowest color so that 'present company included' wouldn't be too scurred.
laugh.gif

Enjoy the ride, yo.

Back