How Much Faster?

christianjax

Registered
Okay, I was planning on getting the 08 in about a month. But I really don't like ANY of the colors.  However I LOVE the 07 Blue.  And there are a few leftovers in town $3,000 cheaper than the 08.  So my dilemma is should I get the 07 that I LOVE, or the 08 that I don't.  Is the 08 that much faster?  I've seen 1/4 mile times that seem pretty even with GenI's.  I know the brakes are better on the 08.  I'm really trying to justify the extra 3 GRAND for the 08.  If the 08 came in the 07 Blue, there wouldn't be any question.  
banghead.gif

Anyone?

Okay, I was planning on getting the 08 in about a month. But I really don't like ANY of the colors.  However I LOVE the 07 Blue.  And there are a few leftovers in town $3,000 cheaper than the 08.  So my dilemma is should I get the 07 that I LOVE, or the 08 that I don't.  Is the 08 that much faster?  I've seen 1/4 mile times that seem pretty even with GenI's.  I know the brakes are better on the 08.  I'm really trying to justify the extra 3 GRAND for the 08.  If the 08 came in the 07 Blue, there wouldn't be any question.  
banghead.gif

Anyone?
if you don't like the 08 color and you save 3000 for 07, get you 07. you can always spend a little money and modify the 07 to run as fast as 08. believe me i had 00,02,05 busas and they weren't slow. it all depends on rider, 1st gen, 2nd gen., zx14 they all fast as hell and pretty close, it all comes to rider and you can make one faster than other with some modifications.

If you are paying an additional $3,000 for and 08 over an 07, I'd change dealers. That's totally unacceptable.

If I were you'd I'd work hard at getting into an 08. Lots of upgrades that make the 08 very desireable. Better Brakes, better suspension, better transmission, upgraded instruments, three position mode slector, better aerodynamics just to name a few. Well worth a few more bucks.

$3000 is a LOT of upgrade money.  You'd be VERY fast and have enough for some other great upgrades as well.  You could get plenty of HP, as well as upgrade brakes and suspension.  I know I'd never use the mode selector and I'll take a good aerodynamic bike I love the looks of over a slightly better aerodynamic bike I don't think looks as good.  Personally I like the looks of the '08, but it's not me buying it; it's your call.  

It's not like if you bought an '08 you wouldn't mod it right?  You're still going to want to do mods above and beyond the extra $3000 as well!  
2cents.gif

If you are paying an additional $3,000 for and 08 over an 07, I'd change dealers. That's totally unacceptable.

If I were you'd I'd work hard at getting into an 08. Lots of upgrades that make the 08 very desireable. Better Brakes, better suspension, better transmission, upgraded instruments, three position mode slector, better aerodynamics just to name a few. Well worth a few more bucks.
+1
thumb_up.gif

There are some tempting deals on leftover 07's around. I deliberated a while on it also. But in the end I knew if I bought the 07 I would always look at that K8 and wonder......what if....

I bought the K8 and very happy with my decision.
I knew I would forget about the money difference in time. It took me about 15 minutes.......

get the 07......no get the 08 blue and trade off the gold wheels....no get the 07......no get the blue 08......guess it dont matter...if you have the extra 3 g's get the 08 cause you will later wished you would have gotten the newest model.

What are the prices asked? If the 08 is 12,000 and the 07 is 8,000 I would take the 07. Put a full system on it, tre, map, rearset, windscreen, GPS, and a radar detector. Use what is left and take the wife out to dinner and tell her to put the rest in the bank.

cool.gif
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
cool.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

cool.gif

firedevil.gif

banghead.gif

Anyone?
i'm in the same delimma (sp)
but the best i've found is $10k otd.
what kinda deal have you found in fla?

It's not just about the power. Sure the 08 is a little stronger{i have both} but the 08 is a more refined version of the gen 1. Suzuki rep told me they they pumped 9 years of gsxr development into the new busa.

Get the GenII. Otherwise you'll be regreting getting the slower/older bike. Gen1's are alreday looking dated to me now that the Gen2 is out. Don't believe the Gen2 is only a little faster than the gen1 thing. The Gen1 is slow compared to the new Busa, and barely able to keep up with the new liter bike ('07gix, '07R1, '08 ZX10, '08 CBR1k). The new liter bikes are another big reason Suzuki built the new Busa.

If you're that concerned about color, get the new Busa, take $800 bucks and get it painted that color you want.

Are we talking faster or quicker? We all know the Gen2 is quicker than the Gen1, but in theory a 99 or 2000 Busa would be faster on the top end because it's unrestricted. So the GeN1 is still the fastest production bike. Production bike to me means what the factory produced, w/o any performance mods whatsoever (TRE, airbox mod, filter etc). Some may feel diffrently. I'm not rich and one of the reasons I got my 07 for 8,015otd was because the 08's were hitting the floor. I love my Busa, but would love to feel the improvements of the legend!
thumb_up.gif

Absolutely concur.

Coming from people who have owned Gen1 and now own Gen2's...

Scar___His_Busas_Feb_9__08.jpg

Just came back from Vegas. Had a blast. Went to TAO, PB Club,etc.. Saw a couple of Busas riding around but no pretty blue ones.....

I just got an 08 and sold a 03 piped Busa. The stock 08 is faster than the modded 03. Feels like it handles better and feels more refined BUT..... I have only ridden the 08 100 miles thus far.
sadnews.gif

There are some tempting deals on leftover 07's around. I deliberated a while on it also. But in the end I knew if I bought the 07 I would always look at that K8 and wonder......what if....

I bought the K8 and very happy with my decision.
I knew I would forget about the money difference in time. It took me about 15 minutes.......
Thanks, not to mention the instant deprecition on the 07. Sure it's cheaper, but the value of it will plummet as soon as I take delivery. But man I love that blue.

Also, I see you are a Dobie person. I've owned a few in my time and lost my favorite one last June. Sure miss him. Best darn dogs on the planet.

Just came back from Vegas.  Had a blast.  Went to TAO, PB Club,etc..  Saw a couple of Busas riding around but no pretty blue ones.....

I just got an 08 and sold a 03 piped Busa.  The stock 08 is faster than the modded 03. Feels like it handles better and feels more refined BUT..... I have only ridden the 08 100 miles thus far.  
sadnews.gif
I live in Vegas and have had mine since August, I have yet to see another 07 blue on the road here in town! I was at the dealership one day late last year when a LEO bought one but have yet to see it on the street. The dealership has one left!

Back