K8 Loses to ZX-14: Bike Week Dyno Drag

Iowadiver

Registered
I debated about posting because I am to a certain extent ashamed of my performance, but I figured everyone wanted to know anyway, so I'm here to share... if you want to bash me, please keep your comments to yourself.  We were at bike week Saturday and they had the Geico Dyno Drag setup near the harley dealership in Ormond Beach, and I figured I'd never done it, so it was something I had to try... plus you get a t-shirt, and I love t-shirts.  There was a guy with a ZX-14 from California who was going to have this 13yr old kid race his bike, so I figured, no sweat, lets do it!  Everyone was excited and it drew quite a crowd since they hadn't yet seen an 08' Busa on the Dyno yet this bike week.  Well, sad story, the kid kicked my ass 3 times over.  For those of you who have ever done a dyno drag race, you can probably relate with me that it is nothing like actually racing, it really takes some getting used to, especially on the take off since you have to pop the clutch hard to get the drum rolling under your back tire.  My first two runs I didn't figure this out, and first and second gear seemed like I was just struggling to move.  Anyway, here is the break down on our best run:
1/4 mile race:
Me:
time: 8.811sec
Speed: 154.4mph
reaction time: .544
HP: 192.5

Him:
time: 8.426 sec
speed: 160.600
reaction time: .758
HP: 189.6

I found out after that this kid holds the bike week record on the dyno, is some sort of a little track rat that races sport bikes professionally and is nationally known.  He goes by the name of Jon Jon if you've ever heard of him.  Anyway... lots of fun, and if nothing else, my t-shirt says "winner" on it.

S4010016.JPG

This just excited me more that the bikes are soo close together that it takes rider performance to show a winner. I hate when riders get together and automatically think they're better riders because of the bike they ride. Nothing to be ashamed about.

No worries bro we would not hold it againist you that you let a 13 year kick your butt
laugh.gif
. Nice Pic though looks like a very cool setup.

No worries!!! Especailly if he rides more then you.... The Rider does make a difference. I know this leason well!!!

The HP was there. Are you sure he didn't have a gear change or anything?

its a simulated race @ best, i d like to see a 100lb kid hold that baby down trying to launch it hard with a street set-up stock wheel base and ride height with out looping it.

Maybe it's just me, but he's a 'professional' and I see this?

Am I missing something?

Nothing to be ashamed of. You were on a Busa, the best looking bike ever made, and He was on a ZX14, quite possibly the fugliest bike ever made.
cool.gif

dude i wouldnt let it bother ya...

by the way, your busa looks freak'n awesome up there
against that ugly 14...

For that being your first time, those numbers are impressive!! Heck way better than my a$$ could have done!

This wasn't a busa vs a zx-14.

Rather you vs the kid
winkold.gif

To say the busa got beat, you'd have to have the same rider on both bikes. Rider makes a big difference.

So suck it up bro and don't blame your bike
poke.gif
poke.gif
All you need is some practice and you'll be able to whip the wizz kid
thumb_up.gif

As far as I can see the Busa won, look at the HP number
winkold.gif

poke.gif

winkold.gif

With these #'s it must have been a trick or twu to it? You got him on everything but the ET & speed? what gives?
Me:
time: 8.811sec
Speed: 154.4mph
reaction time: .544
HP: 192.5

Him:
time: 8.426 sec
speed: 160.600
HP: 189.6

Surprized you even posted this event.The 14 always loses even when it wins.Blaa Blaa.Nice times though,and Hp numbers.

Back