Another one down

lone

Registered
As I was coming back into Dallas from a Texas Meet and greet today down south, a cager pulled out in front of me at a deadlocked offramp and I couldn't stop fast enough so the back wheel started to fishtail and I could feel her going down so I bailed. Luckily I came out of it without any major injuries, a scrape here and there but for the most part did Ok. The bike didn't do so well, the right side Fairing is done for. So the question I have is where is everyone getting their fairings? Ebay? local Stealers? online site?

Moral of the story, always wear your gears boys and girls you never know when your gonnna need it.

Sorry to hear about your spill. You can contact Vman1300 for plastics already painted to match with decals.

I think I'm going to see if I can stop by a local Army surplus store and maybe mount some rocket launchers on my bike, just as a precautionary measure, ya know?

EDIT: I feel like an a-hole for not saying I'm glad you are ok. Thankfully it was just the bike that was busted up, far better then you. You can replace plastic anytime, body parts and lives are a little harder. I can only dream that I'll never have to face that situation, but I know that day is coming.

Sorry to hear about your spill. You can contact Vman1300 for plastics already painted to match with decals.
+1 and glad your okay
thumb_up.gif

sorry about your mishap, i am gald you are ok, bike can be fixed. i don't know if you have stock cans and if they are damaged you can have mine.

Dear Tony

I'm really sorry to learn that you had an accident! It's good that you weren't more roughed up, and it just sucks that you have to get your bike fixed.

I wish I knew of something that'd help you.

I'm sorry, man.

--Jaddie

glad you came out of it basically ok...sorry to hear about your bike...+1 on vman1300
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear about your accident..... So glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt.....

Hope that maybe just maybe the driver of that car learned something also........

sorry about your mishap, i am gald you are ok, bike can be fixed. i don't know if you have stock cans and if they are damaged you can have mine.
Bro, I appreciate it and may take you up on that offer. It did get damaged when it went down. While riding with the other guys today, they mentioned that I might want to lose that wide J-Lo rear end so I'm not sure if I'm gonna replace it with stock or go for an upgrade. It all depends on my insurance comp.

But thanks again bro. You might be hearing from me.

09032008147.jpg

Here's a pic of the Damage, luckily it wasn't a high speed spill so just fairing damages hopefully.

09032008146.jpg

Of course it snapped the Buell footpegs and was realy interesting to ride without that the rest of the way home.

09032008148.jpg

Bro, I appreciate it and may take you up on that offer. It did get damaged when it went down. While riding with the other guys today, they mentioned that I might want to lose that wide J-Lo rear end so I'm not sure if I'm gonna replace it with stock or go for an upgrade. It all depends on my insurance comp.

But thanks again bro. You might be hearing from me.
i heard from dealer that stock cans are 1000.00 a piece (each side)
wowold.gif

wowold.gif

if insurance will take care of it, better go with after market full system.

wowold.gif

Your damage is almost exactly like mine. I'm going to have to get new plastics too. I PM'd vman to see what he could do for me. With so many people replacing their exhaust systems, it is easy to get the stock cans for next to nothing (or even free). Don't sweat it though man, you are ok and **** happens. It could have been a lot worse! If you need a stock brake lever you can have mine just PM me... I could even send it out tomorrow from the office.

You made it home which is most important! You'll be back up riding soon, bro.

sorry to hear about the spill but definitely glad that u are OK!!! kevin will get ya hooked up for repplacement parts, but post up what u need to get her back on the street and im sure the members here will get ya back up and ridin in no time!!!

did the driver of the car atleast stop after causing the accident???

Back