Body position on a busa

stkflkr

Registered
Ok so my 2007 busa just so happens to be my first sport bike.  I have never ridden any other type of crotch rocket.  I was riding with another newbie the other day and he asked me if i always ride ina semi tucked position.  i never really thought about my body position but I really couldn't straighten up any more than I was.  So to those of you who know the different types of bikes and how they ride,   Is the Busa specifically designed for the rider to ride like this or are my arms too short for this bike making me look like i am trying to tuck at 40 mph?

Ok now I am going to try to find a way to delete this thread because it appears to be such a stupid question, no one wants to respond.  So if you are reading this just assume I am celebrating daylight savings and am drunk off my #^% and am making no damn sense.

Since origionally posting this thread I did do some research and believe I'll try the helibars.  That will position my body more upright

lurk.gif

it is hard to comment without a picture to see what you look like on your bike...the taller you are and the longer your arms are will allow you to sit more upright...of course, someone who is 5' is going to be much lower in the saddle than someone who is over 6'...just try to find a position for you that is comfortable and twist the throttle, don't worry about what others think...if mods such as the helibars work for the way you ride, put them on, if not, ride your ride the way you want
beerchug.gif
just my  
2cents.gif
 worth

Position your body however you are comfortable, be that tucked, untucked or otherwise. Who cares what other's think you look like?

Have you tried resting your elbowes on your knees. 6'1" and this works super for long fast runs. Very comfy gas stop to gas stop on 600 mile days.

WTFudge?? I post this and where does it lodge?
Have you tried resting your elbowes on your knees. 6'1" and this works super for long fast runs. Very comfy gas stop to gas stop on 600 mile days.

This is 8Daytona8 Posting! What the heck is going on here! I hope you have taken over my C.Card payments and tooo hi mortgage too!
beerchug.gif

Get ya some bar risers if ya need them. Also, do you slide your rear back to the hump? If you do, try sitting right up on the tank. Grip the tank with your legs and hold yourself up with your abs. Takes some getting used to, but you will adjust in no time. Makes no difference in how you look while riding. The only thing other riders will see is your backside!
laugh.gif

Get ya some bar risers if ya need them. Also, do you slide your rear back to the hump? If you do, try sitting right up on the tank. Grip the tank with your legs and hold yourself up with your abs. Takes some getting used to, but you will adjust in no time. Makes no difference in how you look while riding. The only thing other riders will see is your backside!
laugh.gif
Hey GSXcite! Did my posts show under your profile too you? They did to me the ones I'm saying WTFudge on were under your avatar. Yea I'm on pain meds but not good enough to do that.!
winkold.gif

How you look on the bike is irrelevant. Are you comfortable? Can you control the bike? Are you safe?

There are better reasons to get heli-bars but I suspect that if you're already comfortable enough to not notice any problems with your you're seated in relation to your comfort and safety, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you can, try sitting on someone else's bike who has heli bars and see if it makes a difference. There are times when we get used to an uncomfortable situation and simply accept it without realizing there are better things out there.

Drinking and posting are allowed, btw! Bottoms up!
beerchug.gif

--Wag--

laugh.gif
Hey GSXcite! Did my posts show under your profile too you? They did to me the ones I'm saying WTFudge on were under your avatar. Yea I'm on pain meds but not good enough to do that.!
winkold.gif
I think we were posting up at the same time as my computer was acting strange too. I hope what you said under my avatar made me sound
laugh.gif
smart! Actually, I think it's your meds, send me some please!
whistling.gif

laugh.gif

I would be very careful about getting in the habit of resting my elbows on my knees. Always keep your elbows bent; knees pressed against the tank to help support your lower back; keep your spine straight. I use a racing crouch for speed, racing or when the road starts to kink up
laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
8Daytona8 @ Mar. 09 2008 said:
1328875[/ATTACH] AM]
laugh.gif
winkold.gif
I think we were posting up at the same time as my computer was acting strange too. I hope what you said under my avatar made me sound
laugh.gif
 smart! Actually, I think it's your meds, send me some please!
whistling.gif
laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what kind of dorky question is that?
laugh.gif
Just kiddin' Duane. Glad your having some safe fun! btw there's alot guys trying to get a deal on an 07 like you did. You got the best deal I've heard of yet!
ThumbsUp.gif

O and as for your question. Dif. bikes do sit dif. As long as your elbows have a slight bend your probably fine. Your a normal height guy, but that doesnt mean some risers wouldn't make ya more comfortable though. I wouldnt worry about it unless your uncomfortable
hello.gif

Back