Clutch Lever Replacement-Need Help

Sweeney

Registered
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to replace the clutch lever? I removed the nut, but the bolt pin wont come out & the plunger rod connects to the lever as well & no idea how that comes off.

I have searched the service manual & dont see anything on clutch lever replacement.

Anyone who's done this, PLEASE help!

Those wondering, I had a half drop, half caught it & broke the tip off the clutch lever. Thankfully no other damage.

Any help appreciated!

Lowered Photo attached!

MIR___3.2.08_014.jpg

You have to unscrew the bolt from the top of the lever also and it comes right out. The nut on the bottom is just a safety nut so the bolt doesn't vibrate loose...
winkold.gif

If your lever wont spring back like it should after install.
Loosen the screw 1/2 round. Then hold it in that position while tightening the bottom nut.

OK, that took all of 5 minutes. Thanks Got-Busa & for the quick response!

No damage, I used a very small hammer & realized the bolt wasn't moving.

Wish I could ride. Now it's blustery,windy & cold in southern Maryland. Come on Spring!

Wish I could ride. Now it's blustery,windy & cold in southern Maryland. Come on Spring!
Dont be in a hurry Bro, you can get yourself in a pinch real quick with cold asphalt and tires... If you are new to the Busa, take your time taming her. Specially that 08! My sources say its a whole new beast...
whistling.gif

Dont be in a hurry Bro, you can get yourself in a pinch real quick with cold asphalt and tires... If you are new to the Busa, take your time taming her. Specially that 08! My sources say its a whole new beast...
whistling.gif
Oh it is, it really is.

Back