08 busa comfort vs. zx 14

nasty nate

Registered
So in EVERY magazine article you read its "ZX-14 more comfortable and thus better for long rides" bla bla bla BECAUSE the bars are a little higher and closer. My question is... IF the 08 busa simply had heli bars or triple tree risers.. would that even the odds?? maybe even a gel seat? Does anyone have an 08 with heli's? Im wondering if this comfort difference is an easy fix.

put helis on mine im 5/7 and 308 find its very comfortable most test riders seem to be slim a it depends on body type ,also did a lot of miles on 1000 k7 same mods very comfortable,

Are you really 5'7" and weigh 308 lbs?
eek2.gif

Also don't forget the ZX-14's smoother engine as well. That to me is also a big factor in comfort and less fatigue on longer rides. I Demo'd the 14 over at BikeWeek this past week. It don't handle for sheet compared to the Busa though. That really stood out to me too, after the ride.

I can't really tell the difference between the two.

--Wag--

Also don't forget the ZX-14's smoother engine as well. That to me is also a big factor in comfort and less fatigue on longer rides. I Demo'd the 14 over at BikeWeek this past week. It don't handle for sheet compared to the Busa though. That really stood out to me too, after the ride.
Interesting comparison. Cycle World actually gave the handling nod to the Kawi. I've learned through the years to get past brand loyalty. As consumers, we should buy what we want. I wouldn't mind getting a little saddle time on the ZX, but with the current styling, it would have to very noticeably better for me to consider one.

ah yes..  good point. the engine is supposed to be very smooth even above 4500 while the busa gets vibes.  does anyone find it uncomfortable to cruise the 08 busa above 4500 rpm?? how bad are the vibes?

Not to start anything but I went to a certain ZX-14 forum to see their reaction to the current magazine in which the busa won every category except comfort. Many of them said the bikes are so close that they'll take the more comfortable 14 over the slightly quicker Busa. All I saw was comfort this and comfort that.

What's funny to me is when we said the busa was more comfortable than the ZX-12, most of those katz replied with, "if you ride for comfort you should have bought a GoldWing."

whistling.gif

I've owned 2 ZX-14's an 06 and 07. Actually it dosen't handle bad but the Busa is definatly a notch better imo. It falls into the corners better. I also remember reading one of the rags that thought the Busa's brakes where superior to the 14's. I thought that had to be a misprint. Opinions vary I guess.

yes i am 5,7 and 308 im a world class powerlifter at 46 and live in england.
i think this is a great sight but am a internet buffoon and i will have to get someone to post pictures of my 2 busas.
the o8 power wise feels like my 99 with a 1400 kit it does everything that bit better.
iv added zzr 1400 mirrors to see better ,they also suit the style of the busa and heli bars,also tri oval yoshis off a k7 1000(a bit of chopping)and am waiting for ohlins suspension this week i will then upload some phots,
cheers guys great sight

I haven't ridden a Zx-14. so I have no opinion.
I did change my 08 with the Heli Bars and Buell pegs.
It's an all day rider now.

Interesting comparison. Cycle World actually gave the handling nod to the Kawi. I've learned through the years to get past brand loyalty. As consumers, we should buy what we want. I wouldn't mind getting a little saddle time on the ZX, but with the current styling, it would have to very noticeably better for me to consider one.
Not for in town riding they didn't. Busa was better handling for in town riding.

Cosmetics of the 14 would make the Busa 10X more comfy for me.
laugh.gif

Back