What are first mods for 08' models?

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Gotta a friend picking up an Orange/Black 08' tomorrow (I'll be riding it home from the dealer for him - I pray it won't be raining
please.gif
).

I know reflector, shovel and sticker removal are in order, but what about the kickstand mod for the 08'...does it still need to be shaved down or is it better than the Gen 1?

Any other immediate mods unique to the 08' that need to be done or not done compared to the Gen 1?

umm yea.. take those huge ugly cans off as soon as your gonna ride that thing in public. they are THAT bad... matter of fact I think they are are the 2nd worst looking stock cans I've ever seen...

suzuki_b_king_rear_top.jpg

Yes the kickstand mod nees to be done and I feel victim to mine already.

After removing all the safety decals with a hair dryer then the reflectors then the full exhaust has to be first. Not just cans but you have to do the full exhaust to save the real weight. The header weighs 16lbs alone because of the cat.

I used the brock exhaust called the street megaphone and it saved me about 37lbs. Then my Dymag wheels saved another 12.

umm yea.. take those huge ugly cans off as soon as your gonna ride that thing in public. they are THAT bad...  matter of fact I think they are are the 2nd worst looking stock cans I've ever seen...
Dear nasty nate & Friends

I love the stock exhausts on the '08 Busa and B-King. I love the snarling sound the '08 Busa makes as it accelerates.

I don't know why everyone recommends getting rid of the reflectors. Those things are for safety, aren't they?

--Jaddie

Do you have pics of your Brocks exhaust? Is it the one that they call the alien head?

umm yea.. take those huge ugly cans off as soon as your gonna ride that thing in public. they are THAT bad...  matter of fact I think they are are the 2nd worst looking stock cans I've ever seen...
Dear nasty nate & Friends

I love the stock exhausts on the '08 Busa and B-King. I love the snarling sound the '08 Busa makes as it accelerates.

I don't know why everyone recommends getting rid of the reflectors. Those things are for safety, aren't they?

--Jaddie
peace.gif
well.. your in luck then
blush.gif

I dont claim to be an expert or anything as I have only been riding since 1972. But it has happened to me two times. One years ago on a bike I got off of 10 minutes earlier and it finally nosed over. Then again on the 08. The stock kickstand angle is a little too steep and you just need to go grind a little off the stop to allow it to go a bit farther and all is well. Or you can just save the 2 minutes of work with a grinder and take your chances. I have only had 4 busas and the only time this happened to me was on bikes I had not yet modded as described above.

For the person asking for pics of the exhaust just go to brocksperformance.com. My bike is not back together yet
but there are pics on here under my name of it sans bodywork if you want to search for them

Thnaks fellas...road his bike home tonight and I hate to say but you CAN definitely feel the difference form my Gen 1 bike.

Back