Does 2008 Feel 'bigger'?

Does 2008 Feel 'bigger'? - Compare Gen I to Gen II

• Gen I is bigger and heftier

Votes: 92 100.0%

• Total voters

Rocketman

Registered
I sat on a 2008 busa at the dealer yesterday... Oh my gosh! It felt so huge to me. What's your opinion about that?

They feel about the same to me, but I don't enjoy tearing down the '08 over my '03...a lot of hidden pins, kind of frustrating...
smile.gif

According to suzukicycles.com:
08 Gen 1
Length 86.6in 84.3in
Width 29.1in 29.1in
Height 46.1in 45.5in
Seat Height 31.7in 31.7in
Ground Clearance 4.7in 4.7in
Wheelbase 58.5in 58.5in
Weight 485lbs 478lbs

i only sat on one also and i would say that it felt noticeably(to me)heavier to me. i bet that would change after that exhaust was changed out

I've only ridden my '08 for about 200 miles (cold, ice snow, etc). It seemed big at first compared to my '06. but out on the road--much smoother, shifts easier, and just a easy to handle.

I think the tank feels smaller but the seat is at a different angle and a hair or two higher. The seat cut is a tad different also which I don't know if I like yet. I may just get a cut seat anyway....

It feels slightly bigger to me. It is definitely heavier, but feels as though it has a higher center of gravity which give me greater lean in the twisties.

cool.gif

My opinion.

rode my buddies 08 albeit not very far.. it felt smaller and more nimble than my 02 although it didn't have the factory exh. hanging off the side either...

the 08 feels and looks bulky and mean, the way i like a bike to look, not no 1k or DUC that feels like your sitting on a 250 cc bike
firedevil.gif

Back