08 Hayabusa Side Fairings

tinmann840

Registered
I've been looking at fairings on ebay because obviously I'm in need of plastic after my step off. But every time I see fairings for the 08 something doesn't look right.Then it finally dawned on me there was no Kanji on the plastic I was looking at. I looked around some more and was shocked to find out that the side fairing isn't one piece. It's made up of 2 different pieces. Okay, maybe this a good thing. You damage part of the fairing and don't have to replace the whole thing. It just caught me by surprise.

08_fairing.JPG

yeah I think the 2 piece structure has it's advantages and disadvantages.

It was really nice to have when I was cutting my holes for my frame sliders. I could take that black piece off and on without having to lineup everything...

On the downside, it's 2 pieces. The pieces aren't seamless and gaps will form eventually as the plastic clips wear.

yeah I think the 2 piece structure has it's advantages and disadvantages.

It was really nice to have when I was cutting my holes for my frame sliders. I could take that black piece off and on without having to lineup everything...

On the downside, it's 2 pieces. The pieces aren't seamless and gaps will form eventually as the plastic clips wear.
+1

Are they the same black pins as in previous years ? When you say clips what do you mean? Time to do a search.

Are they the same black pins as in previous years ? When you say clips what do you mean? Time to do a search.
I don't necessarily mean the fasteners that I think you are referring too, although they also wear and get loose...

I was more so talking about the pieces that just clip or snap together.

I didn't even realize the new side fairings were 2-piece until you posted that.

I haven't had time to completely take mine apart for the first oil change yet. I planned to do it this week but it's snowing like crazy out...
cursin.gif
banghead.gif

It's almost the second week of March and they are calling for 12"s of snow and 2' drifts tonight in SW OHIO...
sad.gif

I didn't even realize the new side fairings were 2-piece until you posted that.

I haven't had time to completely take mine apart for the first oil change yet. I planned to do it this week but it's snowing like crazy out...
cursin.gif
banghead.gif

It's almost the second week of March and they are calling for 12"s of snow and 2' drifts tonight in SW OHIO...
sad.gif
wowold.gif
An Old "G" like you
corner2.png
caught me by surprise too and I'd been going over them with a microscope. I did a lot of bashing but the Orange and Black is calling me in the wee hours of the morning.

Back