fairing gaps??

boosted

Registered
HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE MORE YOU TAKE YOUR PLASTICS OFF THE WORSE THEY FIT. FIRST FEW TIMES MY GAPS AND LINES WERE STILL PERFECT BUT NOW THERE STARTING TO SEPARATE A LITTLE.

Yeah i have noticed this also, had the fairings off twice and now the left one is not sitting snug? When its in for first service I think i'll be waving the warranty!!!

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

I have an annoying gap on left side too....
sad.gif
argue.gif

Nope, done two oil changes and a slider install,seems to fit the same, are you sure everything is lined up and secured?

I'll tell you the new design is definitely cleaner and looks bettor but not near as durable [plastics that is} This gap you all are refering to on the left side where exactly. pics??

Try snugging the fairing up before you tighten the bolts down. This would happen on the Gen-I also. You just have to push them in place....HOLD....and start snugging things up...
thumb_up.gif

i was gonna say, ive taken my fairings off TONS of times, and i still dont have any gaps. for the mid fairings, as long as i push/hold them up to the nose peice 1st and tighten those screws down, no issues.

Yeah, I would agree that while the new skins are sleek, the plastic push pins might not be holding well after being removed so often...while I don't enjoy seeing all the bolts on my '03, I can safely say I've never had issues with the plastics lining up, and I've taken that bike apart more times than I can count, so the ugly bolts do their job I guess...
winkold.gif

Keep lots of extra push pins on hand
smile.gif

Back