Stress Fracture ?

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
Just visited the Local Suzuki Dealership when a Orange and Black 08 Pulled up to the Parking Lot. The Guy that got off his bike was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER
pissed.gif

Apparently there was a Stress Fracture on the Left Top of the Fairing
SHOCKED.gif

It was a Decent Size Crack about 1 Inch in Length
wtf.gif

Anyone Else Experiance the Same Thing ?

Thats nothing like my rusted clutch and brake levers. Did the whoel magnet test, the magnet stuck to them!! Anyways, the dealer was as surprised as I was, and they're sending me a new pair. Bike is garage kept btw. I looked at the tips of the levers and they were off color. about 2 weeks laters, it had spread. I was pissed.

You've got to have some kind of chemical in your garage that's causing that. I've had three BUSA's and numerous other bikes since 1998 and NEVER had anything every remotely close to what you are experiencing. Let us know if the same thing happens to the new levers....
lurk.gif

You've got to have some kind of chemical in your garage that's causing that.  I've had three BUSA's and numerous other bikes since 1998 and NEVER had anything every remotely close to what you are experiencing.  Let us know if the same thing happens to the new levers....  
lurk.gif
Sure will. My ZX14 and my R1 are sitting in there. Nothing ever happend to them. Besides, magnets don't stick to aluminum like the levers on the other bikes. But they sure stuck to the busa's levers. Another memebr told me to try that when I first mentioned that i thought the levers were rusting.

But yeah, I'll keep you updated. No levers on the bike right now, dealer took 'em.

While there is no way of knowing for sure, but I'd bet my money on the guy breaking the fairing trying to get it off for the first time. Then trying to get the dealership to give him a fresh one? Just a hunch?

While there is no way of knowing for sure, but I'd bet my money on the guy breaking the fairing trying to get it off for the first time. Then trying to get the dealership to give him a fresh one? Just a hunch?
+1 just did my second oil change on my 08(synthetic now). Seems difficult to believe it would crack on it's own
dunno.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Can you elaborate *exactly* where this crack is, specifically?

My suspicion is similar to what other allude to; it seems likely enough this was owner-induced. If this was a legitimate widespread issue, suspect we would have heard about it before now.

The other thing that the guy could have been pissed about is that he took it to the dealer for service and the dealer cracked the fairing and that is what he was pissed about. Just a thought.

The other thing that the guy could have been pissed about is that he took it to the dealer for service and the dealer cracked the fairing and that is what he was pissed about.  Just a thought.
+1

Carried it back for 1st service. Tech (new to fairings) cracked it?

Just a thought.

Just visited the Local Suzuki Dealership when a Orange and Black 08 Pulled up to the Parking Lot.  The Guy that got off his bike was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER  
pissed.gif

SHOCKED.gif

wtf.gif

If you are refering to Goodtimes as the shop and this was a Saturday,that would be me with the stress crack!
I wasn't upset because I know warranty covers it and as a Great Dealer they did!
clap.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Can you elaborate *exactly* where this crack is, specifically?

My suspicion is similar to what other allude to; it seems likely enough this was owner-induced. If this was a legitimate widespread issue, suspect we would have heard about it before now.
the crack was on the nose fairing in the back by the allen bolt,just below it on the 90 degree area tying into the side fairing.

Just visited the Local Suzuki Dealership when a Orange and Black 08 Pulled up to the Parking Lot.  The Guy that got off his bike was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER  
pissed.gif

SHOCKED.gif

wtf.gif

If you are refering to Goodtimes as the shop and this was a Saturday,that would be me with the stress crack!
I wasn't upset because I know warranty covers it and as a Great Dealer they did!
clap.gif
Had the farings ever been off?

pissed.gif

SHOCKED.gif

wtf.gif

clap.gif
Had the farings ever been off?
no!

Exactly what I thought after reading the first sentence....
shutup.gif

Back