Normal to hear the timing chain?

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Coming from a gear driven Honda VFR, I was just wondering if it was normal to be able to hear the timing chain. I have about 400 or so miles on my 08. I assume its normal. But it just seems loud to me.

What weight oil you using? I put 30w in mine and it was louder so I changed it out right away(grabbed wrong oil).

No problems here, in fact I never hear mine. I couldn't say that on some of the Kawasaki's and Yamaha's I've had though.

No T-chain noise here either...are you sure that's what you are hearing B-man
rock.gif
?

No, he is hearing the cam chain, alright.

I am hearing it too.... but it appears to be a normal characteristic. Don't think there is anything to be concerned about.

On my K8 (~3000 miles on the motor), the cam chain noise I am hearing is not obtrusively loud; it appears predicable and consistent. Having dealt with Genesis engines from Yamaha for many years, I am fairly sensitive to cylinder head noises/harmonics. What I am hearing from my K8 cam chain doesn't concern me at all.

I have been hearing the same noise, but not overly concerned.Gixxers are the worst about it I think. This is my first busa, all the gixxers I owned got mechanical cam chain tensioners, I think I'll leave this one stock, I'm not as worried since it wont hit the higer rpms as often

Back