2008 head on 2007 engine

twisterracing

Registered
Would the 2008 head improve performance of a 2007 engine.
Do they fit?
Do they flow better?
I need a 1300cc engine hence why a 2008 engine is not the answer?
Come on you tecno heads ...what do you think?

AS FAR AS FIT I WOULD THINK IT WOULD AND AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE I THINK YOU WOULD GAIN JUST A LITTLE. THEY DO FLOW BETTOR.

It wont fit on the bike because the throttle bodies are spaced different. So you would have to then get 08 throttle bodies for your 07. Well they will not work either becuase the computer is different and now you need a 2008 ECU and harness etc etc. It just would not be an easy thing to do. Better off to get an 08 and start over. Or get your 07 ported properly and go from there.

I'd think you could get a Carpenter head cheaper than all the hassles of using the 08 head unless you got a whopper of a deal on the head to start with.

I have 2008 i have just purchased Stateside!
Now where to send it for a "tune"
rock.gif
??

I would go to Smithers Customs in Olathe Kansas. They are Dyno Jet approved tuners and will work with you and tune the bike to how you are going to ride it.

I'm guessing the '08 head flows better based on the HP figures on my '08 vs. a 1397 Gen 1 motor my mechanic built. The big bore with Yosh full system, Yosh cam, Factory Pro velocity stacks (very little effect on max HP, but lower the rpm that peak occurs at), and Teka tune pulled 160 hp. My '08 made 164 hp with a Yosh full system with no other mods.

Back