new to this forum

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
i just want to say hi to everyone. i am new to this forum. i have been reading informations here for a while and decided to join. i am going this week to purcahse a 08 orange/black busa and i am very excited about it. a little bit about me, live in houston, tx. i am 50 years old and i have been riding since i was 8 years old. owned many sport bikes and recents ones were 3 hayabusas, 2000,2002,2005 models, two zx12r and two zx14. i just sold my 07 black zx14 last month and i knew i won't last without a bike more than a month. looking forward to chat with you all.

one question i have that maybe some of you guys can help. i had full coverege insurance on my zx14 and i paid 1000.00 a year. and i am getting few quotes for the 08 busa and the least i got was 2500 a year
wowold.gif
holly cow that is high. any input on what you all have that might help me.they telling me the zx14 is not same class as hayabusa!!!
i have great driving records, no tickets etc...

Welcome, check with State Farm that's the cheapest I've found. $400.00 yr. full coverage.

Welcome! Be sure to post some pics when you bring the bike home...

Most folks will tell you that State Farm is the best as far as rates go but it seems to vary a lot across the country. There are so many variables to consider like MSF course discounts, AMA membership, level of coverage, age and driving record etc... We shopped for a while and had decent rates for a year with Sentry / Dairyland but after they went up (for no apparent reason...) we found even better rates with Foremost.com. Do your homework and check as many insurers as possible - you never know where the good deal might be.

welcome.gif
first of all...Ins. ditto the state farm mine is 319 a yr. your area will be dif. but EVERYONE has stated state farm to be the cheapest
beerchug.gif

get us some pics when you get it
woot.gif

Welcome!!

Yes, ditto, about State Farm.

And we will be waiting for pics!
beerchug.gif

thanks for the welcome guys. i have couple of days to check for the best rate. what i don't understand is why the same insurance company which gave me 1000 a year for my 07 zx14, now gives me 3100.00 for 08 busa!!

Welcome and congrats on getting the '08! I too have State Farm, so there you go.

I'd go for State Farm too (anyone on commision LOL).... im not from the States but im a sheep so i go with everyone else (like my 'Busa).

Welcome
smile.gif

Welcome to the oRg. State Farm will treat you right. Need some pics when you get her home!
beerchug.gif

Back