Doubble Bubble Test

mr8ball

Registered
Hi all, Its about 70 here today with 30 to 40 mile an hour wind gust so I decided to go for a ride. We all know that when we ride we don't stay tucked down as if we were racing. Anyway this is about the double bubble windshield I put on my bike. I live off the main highways that runs through Va and I have about a 10 mile stretch on my way home that is just open highway. I was running about 70 or so and was getting blown all over the road. As I tucked down below the windshield it felt like someone kicked me in the ass and got me to running about 10 mile an hour faster. Well of course it's hard to believe so I tried it again. I kept my throttle at 70 and got back down and yep it picked up about 6 or 7 miles and hr. and hardly any movement around on the road. That is amazing to say the least. The double bubble works and I highly recommend it. Just a thought on those windy days. For those who have one of these try it and see if this works for you. Let me know what happens, Doug

DSC_0014RS.jpg

it does work...in fact, it can be very deceiving when you are tucked in, make sure you never crank it up to 160+ and then suddenly sit up, you will find out what it is like to be ripped off the back of your bike
beerchug.gif

great write out...thanks for that,Double bubble it is but im going for powerbronze,ive had it on my 2 previous bikes CBR1100XX and GEN1 BUSA...never let me down!
out of curiousity is the suzuki windshield availabe in dark tinted?how much??

great write out...thanks for that,Double bubble it is but im going for powerbronze,ive had it on my 2 previous bikes CBR1100XX and GEN1 BUSA...never let me down!
out of curiousity is the suzuki windshield availabe in dark tinted?how much??
I have not seen it in dark tint yet. It was about 90 bucks i think

I'm waiting for Magical Racing to release theirs for the 08. They said middle of march they would start shipping. Thier wind screens are awesome!
bowdown.gif

cfrp_screen_2.jpg

make sure you never crank it up to 160+ and then suddenly sit up, you will find out what it is like to be ripped off the back of your bike
beerchug.gif

I think I'm going to put a dark tint double bubble on my black 08?
Heck, you'll do that every lap on track days! You just have to remember to keep a good grip on the bars. First few times you sit straight up at a buck seventy to create a wind brake, it will wake you up!
SHOCKED.gif

I know that I saw posted SOMEBODY bought the Suzuki 08 screen and sprayed it with black spraypaint ( if im not mistaken) they actually did a good job, looked good, but I dont even know where what thread that would be on so no linky for you!
beerchug.gif
I'm waiting on Magic too, already ordered the Carbon Mirrors but geez coming from japan! They're on a sloooow boat for sure..been 5 weeks already

i want one but which is better oem or aftermarket for performance would you get the same results as mr8ball on an aftermarket double bubble
bump.gif

DSC00745__Large_.JPG

I just installed the Power Bronze double bubble.

Its deceiving how fast you go tucked away behind the screen. Before I judged my speed on the wind resistance against my helmet. Now I am going way faster without any pressure whatsoever.

I just installed the Power Bronze double bubble.

Its deceiving how fast you go tucked away behind the screen. Before I judged my speed on the wind resistance against my helmet. Now I am going way faster without any pressure whatsoever.
upload a photo my friend,what color did you get?

what color would this be dark tint or smoked?? im confused

dark.jpg

Back