Running Lights

christianjax

Registered
Hello, new here. Does anyone know of an easy way to turn the front (and possibly rear) turn signals into running lights that stay on all the time? My last Busa and I were apparently invisible to an idiot cager that almost killed me. So The more visible the better.
Anyone know of a cheap easy mod to turn those turn signals into running lights?

Perhaps a better solution for you is a headlight modulator. This most definitely gets folks attention, particularly down in Florida where you have to be really on your toes against aged drivers.

I read once a post of someone who replaced the stock sockets and used car bulbs and sockets for that purpose, I think he took the ground from the license plate light.
If I find it I'll reply here.

Cheers.

I used 1157 sockets and used 1157 led bulbs (switchback bulbs).

like this

TAILLAMP.JPG

someone makes a plug and play kit..... let me do some search'n
I used my old tail light sockets/1157 sockets and ran a hot wire to em. pretty easy to do.

I'd also strongly recommend a Xenon upgrade, I got my bulb today and will install it next weekend, can't wait, 8K, hell if people is not gonna notice me coming over and leaving away!
laugh.gif

I'm all for HID's. But what I want is for people to KNOW its a motorcycle coming at them and not just a car with a headlight out.  That's what running lights give you. It registers in a cagers head when they see a single headlight and amber lights on either side of it that it is a motorcycle and not just a car with a burnt out headlight. Thus they will be more likely to gage the required depth perception and NOT TURN LEFT IN FRONT OF ME.  I hate it when that happens. It hurts.

someone makes a plug and play kit..... let me do some search'n
I used my old tail light sockets/1157 sockets and ran a hot wire to em.  pretty easy to do.
Seems one could use the 1157 sockets and in the front use the 'extra' aux connector to power the running lights in the front and the plate wire in the back for the rear running lights.

In fact, don't the Euro bikes have running lights? They probably have a wiring harness just for that connector.
rock.gif

Back