2008 hayabusa

foresure84

FINISH- HIM
Donating Member
Registered
you can get them from this guy

http://www.tonguemydumper.com/contact.htm

yes you have to cut the fairing, also if you have had regular sliders before on 1999 -2008 busa and you cut the fairing these crash rails are not as wide so their will be a significant gap. my mechanic installed for me so i cant help you with that sorry.

COST ABOUT 150.00

DSC00745__Large_.JPG

no drilling holes,thats great
Anyone know if Crash protectors are out for GEN2 yet,are they like the GEN1 ones??Drill a hole etc? (im talking about the protectors that stand out like mushrooms)

For those of you who are considering this unit on your prized busa, it will save you some scratches if you tip it over in your garage. However, a real crash may very well have a different outcome? That bar will work great as long as she stays on the pavement but once she hits the dirt at 60 mph or more that crash bar will dig in and flip your busa in the air doing the helicopter spin and we all have seen what happens on impact. Pieces of your busa gets scattered all over creation.

We use to use standard frame sliders on our race bikes until we learned the hard way, when they hit the dirt they almost always get airborn when the slider digs in and the results were disasterous. We now use the Vortex stubys that protrude just slightly past the plastic fairing. Or we cut the standard ones off so it only protrudes maybe 3/8 of an inch.

I have actually crashed with regular frame sliders and slid on the pavement along side my bike watching it slide on the rearset and frame slider thinking "SWEET"! Then it hits the dirt and ends up flipping not once but several times. Results was all the plastic demolished, broken subframe, distroyed fairing stay & gauges along with one bent wheel. EXPENSIVE!

My own preference would be to not have any protection over having something hanging out to create havock. But if you intend to stunt your busa in a parking lot, I think the crash bar is a great idea.

Just my two cents worth but I've been to that rodeo a number of times already
hello.gif

sorry but those just look soooo wrong
thumb_down.gif

I've got them on my GS but on a Busa? NO WAY

I'd rather just pay the repair bill
laugh.gif

do your homework cause i did mine and it will same you money,nothing,is gonna save your bike at a high speed crash but low speed 70 and under hell yea! these will work and the look if you seen them in person you wouldn't even notice them like that because they don't protrude out like regular frame sliders

things happen and people drop their bikes not everybody on the forum has the same experience
2cents.gif

do your homework cause i did mine and it will same you money,nothing,is gonna save your bike at a high speed crash but low speed 70 and under hell yea! these will work and the look if you seen them in person you wouldn't even notice them like that because they don't protrude out like regular frame sliders
The question is "How many times have you crashed with half a stunt cage? If you do crash and end up with your leg trapped under that bar it's not going to be pretty.

I have to agree with Italian Trev, those things are a bit on the "Squidly" side.
hello.gif

I like them, but I dont think I will put them on my bike. I have considered installing sliders, but some reason I just cant bring myself to do it. Maybe for me its bad carma.

I mean, what the hejj are ya planing on doing with your busa? They kind of wreck the look of a classy motorcycle.

Back