Brock exhaust and Dymag photos finally

rotts4u

Registered
I still am missing a lot of pieces to the bike but today I was able to mount the new Brocks Street Megaphone exhaust and the Dymag wheels. The street megaphone saved about 35-36lbs and the Dymag 7 spoke forged wheels saved another 12lbs.

The exhaust was ceramic coated black and the Dymag wheels are called black flake. Its hard to see the flake unless you are outside but I didnt want them to stick out too much. They are wearing the Michelin Pilot Powers from Charles at Street and Track Import.

I cant wait to hear the exhaust but since the tank is gone to the painter I cant even crank it at all.

With almost 50lbs gone and new tires I think everything is going to be ready for the 1999 Copper head tribute paint job. I cant wait to see the bodywork from the painter. I am changing all the orange to copper and leaving the black as it was.

rearwheel.jpg

frontwheel.jpg

HOW DID THE STOCK O2 SENSOR FIT ON THAT SYSTEM? DID YOU NEED TO PURCHASE A POWER COMMANDER ALSO? DID YOU NEED TO PURCHASE A DIFFERENT STYLE O2 SENSOR?

I do have a power commander and the o2 sensor is off the bike now. I think the PC came with a plug for it. To be honest I dont remember as I have had the PC on for a few months already before the exhaust came in

I almost forgot I also ordered up a set of Ceramic bearings from Worldwide for the Dymags before I installed them. The rolling resistance difference is really noticable just spinning the wheels. I can only imagine the difference at 160mph

WHAT I AM SAYING IS WITH THE CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM ON THE STOCK 08 IT WILL SELF ADJUST WITH OUT THE UNNECESSARY EXPENCE OF A POWER COMMANDER.I SEE THAT THERE IS A BUNG FOR A OXYGEN SENSOR ON THE BROCK SYSTEM ,WHY NOT USE IT?

The bung on the rear of the brock pipe is not for the stock 02 to plug in. It is for a wideband airfuel for data logging etc.

The stock o2 needs to be removed because it causes the bike to lean out all the time to meet emissions so why would I want that on the bike? I dont want the bike running 14-1 or whatever the factory needs to pass emission, I prefer to make more power at a decent airfuel that is not EPA controlled. Besides I think the stock 02 only works at idle.

If you go to brocks site he has specific info for tuning his exhausts and even sends you a full map for the bike and setup info including tips for the airbox, pair mod etc depending on the bike/model.

Since the Dymag wheel has its own cush drive it also requires its own sprocket and bolt patern so Dymag gives you a choice of ratios. I am using stock 43T on mine.

The exhaust is $1315 in the high temp black like I have or $1065 in standard high polish.

The fit was 100% bolt on with no clearance issues anywhere. It was clear to me as I installed it that this was not a warmed over gen 1 exhaust. It is a ground up design for the gen II bike.

Back