Exhaust cans swap ????

djd928761

Registered
Will the exhaust canisters from a stock 2007 bike fit on a 2008 bike...hayabusa of course.

Just wondering, my buddy is one of those ...I want to keep it all SUZUKI parts guys, but doesn't like the new silly looking exhaust cans....so I'm offering him my 2007 ones just to get them out of the garage.

Thanks guys,
Ride hard, fast, and from the cops!

Yes they will, but with some work. Look great thou, with half the weight. Let me know if you want to do this I'll email you directions how.

Ok guy's here is how I did the exhaust can swap. First I started with the right side of bike. Remove unbolt big,heavy stock can. Then take old stock can and drill a hole in the tang of the can as far back. and towards the top as possible, then remove the rubber grommet from the footpeg bracket. Then I sanded the brushed aluminum part of the can, mask off the other parts of the can. I used semigloss black to match the stock look. now you need a inch longer bolt,a inch spacer or washers. The spacer will go between the tang and footpeg bracket with a big washer behind footpeg bracket and one in front to hide the hole in footpeg bracket that the rubber grommet was in. Now just bolt up. Now left side. Unbolt can, cut off tab as close to flush as you can, then you have to reweld that tab an inch and a half inward towards the bike and and inch towards the rear of bike. Then sand out where the stock tab was welded on, sands pretty easy because it's aluminum. Now sand the rest of the brushed aluminun with 220 sand paper. Then paint like other side. This side should bolt up without any washers, or anything because your using that rubbber grommet unlike the right side. I know it sounds like a lot of work, took me about 7 hours total, but it looks great and got rid of half the weight of those stock cans. Why go through all this work, because no money for after market cans or exhaust yet..If need more info then email me at a0007@netzero.net or call kevin at 570-344-7148.
whistling.gif

Back