R-77 Dyno Run

hans

Registered
Just got the R-77 installed and dynoed on my '08.  EC-997 dyno, so your numbers may vary.

Stock - 154@10,500

Yosh, Baffle in - 151@10,250

Yosh, Baffle out - 164@11,250 and still climbing (162@10,500;161@10,250)

Only drawback is the dip at 4,000.  Stock - 55hp, Yosh, baffle out - 48.5hp

The numbers are pretty irrelevant (could be anything), what is relevant is the baffle in/out numbers... pretty amazing number...

Hopefully Greg will have time to do some "baffle" out runs on "dyno day"

It was on an EC-997 corrected dyno. Dynojet numbers are fantasy.
Do a Google search on the phrase - dynojet dynos are optimistic
No, really, try it.

Well, I guess its just the dyno. The bike is probably putting out more. But your right thats a nice gain with the baffle out. Hard to beleive makes that much difference.
thumb_up.gif

It was on an EC-997 corrected dyno. Dynojet numbers are fantasy.
Do a Google search on the phrase - dynojet dynos are optimistic
No, really, try it.
Haha..

I tune cars for a living, and it's hard to tell people how ridiculous dynojet numbers really are, they just want that dyno sheet to show their friends.

Reality is, that a Mustang Dyno or dyno similar to the proper load bearing dyno's are the ones that show relivent data.

None the less, I agree, it is nice to see the gain from baffle to no baffle.. That is very interesting.. I can't wait to tune mine.

the point I also note is that there is a dip (i bet pretty noticeable at 4G) and on the street that translates into harder to ride.. Peak HP at the cost of the torque curve.. Now lets take it to the dragstrip and see what those new usable ponies are good for!
smile.gif

So in your opinion will a Dynojet 250i dynamometer and a commander III interface produce precise readings ?

So in your opinion will a Dynojet 250i dynamometer and a commander III interface produce precise readings ?
Forget the peak number and look at the change. Also, make sure they tune using steps with the brake instead of sweeps. I didn't use a PC. AF looked fine with the baffle out, but was rich with the baffle in.

I still say make your base runs and apply a value of 0 to that number...

all you need to worry about is the + and - from there and those numbers are only relative (1 does not necessarily mean 1 hp) but it does indicate better or worse
smile.gif

yes big numbers are nice and sound good but.....

When I race or street ride I dont ride in steps so I wonder which is really better? Steps or a sweep which is exactly what happens on the street, racing etc.

IS THAT WITH OUT A POWER COMMANDER ? MY UNDERSTANDING IS THE 08 COMES WITH A CLOSED LOOP SYSTEM AND A POWER COMMANDER OS NOT NESSARY.

The sweep on a dyno is a lot faster than what you'd see on the street, so the acceleration map gets wonkie. In reality, you can't exactly match real world conditions.

The rich condition with the baffle in would seem to indicate that the closed loop system has it's limits.

Back