WHAT OCTANE FUEL AT DYNO? 08 BUSA

FLASHRACER

Registered
YOU GUYS THAT DYNO THEIR 08. WHAT OCTANE GAS ARE YOU USING? GOING TO TRACK AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT OCTANE PUMP GAS TO USE FOR BEST PERFORMANCE.I KNOW THEY SAY LOWER OCTANE 87 WORKS BETTER FOR 99-07 BUSA.

I STILL BELEIVE 87 OCTANE PRODUCES MORE POWER. BROCK RECOMMEND MR9 WHICH IS 87 OCTANE. JUST WITH HIGHER COMPRESSION, DETONATION IS THE FACTOR.

High octane always produces less power.. IF your motor is modded to make alot more HP, then it is needed to stop detonation..but too much is bad.

87 octane MR-9 is nothing like 87 octane pump gas.. VP rates MR9 as 87 octane by Motor Method. Pump is R+M/2

I thought your question was what "pump gas" to use. That is what you asked anyhow. Detonation is going to kill power and eventially the engine on an 08.

lurk.gif

close your eyes and grab a nozzle (except the green one!)
winkold.gif
...nothing you get "at the pump" is going to make a (measurable) difference compared to a good launch or 60' time.

if you can run within a couple of hundredths every time...then start worrying about the other stuff.
fuel would be the last place I would look for time... bike stance, bars, weight and strong basket are going to net you more results than the 87~91 variances.
if you are headed to a dyno shoot out....then that's a different story.
laugh.gif

Back