Alarm?

screethoprez

Registered
Hey all,
I'm in the market for a good alarm for my K8. I know when I was looking at alarms for my 05, alot of people recommended the Scorpio's because you could just plug it into the factory harness. So, what does everyone think a good alarm would be for the K8's? I know I'd like a perimeter guard and I like the two way pager functionality of my Autopage alarms on my vehicles.

Thanks!

-Rich

I would recommend a Scorpio. Two-way remote, proximity sensor, anti-hijack module (nice toy to roust your friends with), simple install. There is now a model with the "auto-arm" proximity feature like the new H-D, and Kawi systems.

Link to Scorpio alarms

I would recommend a Scorpio. Two-way remote, proximity sensor, anti-hijack module (nice toy to roust your friends with), simple install. There is now a model with the "auto-arm" proximity feature like the new H-D, and Kawi systems.

Link to Scorpio alarms
Yeah, I was looking at their site and the i900 with RFID remote looks interesting. However, if you were to buy the i900 along with the factory plug in connector kit (which they don't have the K8's listed yet), perimeter sensor and remote ignition disable, you're looking at $462!

They do have a plug connector kit. I was the first '08, and it took two tries to get the plug kit right. It's part number SUZ-6. I am using an i-500. There's no difference in protection, all you need to do is arm/disarm it. You can program the i-500 to auto-arm after 30 seconds, if you want.

I have installed Gorilla Alarms, which are also nice. The only downside to them is that they are car alarms adapted for motorcycle use. Digital Guard-Dogs are nice also, but I don't want to have to rely on an ignition relay to do the job.

Regardless, I think your baby deserves an alarm.

I have a Scorpio Alarm on my 08 Busa and I love it. I got it from Josh (Jester) at Ryder Connection, here is the number if you want to call for more info 817-444-1566

They do have a plug connector kit. I was the first '08, and it took two tries to get the plug kit right. It's part number SUZ-6. I am using an i-500. There's no difference in protection, all you need to do is arm/disarm it. You can program the i-500 to auto-arm after 30 seconds, if you want.

I have installed Gorilla Alarms, which are also nice. The only downside to them is that they are car alarms adapted for motorcycle use. Digital Guard-Dogs are nice also, but I don't want to have to rely on an ignition relay to do the job.

No doubt, I do want an alarm. It looks like the only difference between the i600 and the i900 is the i900 has RFID (i.e. it automatically arms and disarms as you leave/enter the vicinity of the bike). I don't necessarily need that. I do want to have the perimeter sensor, the 2 way pager and the ignition lock. Maybe the i600 with those add ons will do the trick and save a few bucks. Isn't there a forum sponsor that can get us the hookup on these?

you just missed the group buy Josh set up on Scorpio. Nice product, easy install, seems pretty functional.  
cool.gif

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SCORPIO-TWO-WAY-MOTORCYCLE-ALARM-W-PAGER-SR-i500SW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQi
hZ004QQitemZ140209659024QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWDVW</a>

here ya go $290 delivered for the Silver. add $30 for paypal $25 for harness
TOTAL = $345 tyd. all it is missing is the anti-hijack.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-SCORPIO-TWO-WAY-MOTORCYCLE-ALARM-W-PAGER-SR-i500SWB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2e

m118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ34284QQihZ020QQitemZ300183615382QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....meZWD1V</a>

Heres one for $298 + $10 for shipping for the black remote.

I take it the i500 is last year's model? On Scorpio's site, they only list the i300, i600 and i900. Any differences between the i500 and the new i600?

I take it the i500 is last year's model?  On Scorpio's site, they only list the i300, i600 and i900.  Any differences between the i500 and the new i600?
That was the 1 million $$ question on the group buy. We all ended up getting the I-500. The I-900 is the new infra red remote.

The instruction I got are for the 500 and the 600 and it never mentions any difference.

Both Color remotes in the I-500SW are the new remote. The I-500SE is the old remote

They do have a plug connector kit. I  was the first '08, and it took two tries to get the plug kit right. It's part number SUZ-6. I am using an i-500. There's no difference in protection, all you need to do is arm/disarm it. You can program the i-500 to auto-arm after 30 seconds, if you want.

No doubt, I do want an alarm.  It looks like the only difference between the i600 and the i900 is the i900 has RFID (i.e. it automatically arms and disarms as you leave/enter the vicinity of the bike).  I don't necessarily need that.  I do want to have the perimeter sensor, the 2 way pager and the ignition lock.  Maybe the i600 with those add ons will do the trick and save a few bucks.  Isn't there a forum sponsor that can get us the hookup on these?
I'd skip the anti-hijack unit. I never installed mine, its really just overkill. The odds of you needing it are pretty low....but if it malfunctions your bike WILL die and you'll be stranded (or crash). If you do install it make SURE you put connectors on the wires so you can bypass it if need be
winkold.gif
And the 500 on up are all the same alarm protection wise..the only diff is the fancier remotes. And the 500 remotes have the full LCD screen, 2 way paging with vibe and sound and everything else the others have. They just arent waterproof (I don't believe) and won't arm the bike automatically as you walk away. You can set all the models to arm when you turn the key off...or arm only when you activate them from the remote. I'd get the cheapest one I could find..and def get the factory connector kit. You have to cut wires for the anti-hijack...but everything else just plugs in. And get a battery maintainer of some kind, cause over time the alarm (even off) will draw down your battery
winkold.gif
And don't forget to carry a spare battery for the remote...if it dies while your bike is armed you can't un-arm it
wowold.gif
So you'll have to find the nearest store to get another battery...or worse
sad.gif

winkold.gif

go all-out n get GPS tracking if you want the most accurate coverage with the longest distance- cycleprotect.com

put mine in last year n I love it to death
beerchug.gif

worth every penny for the piece of mind it brings.

Back