brakes

foresure84

FINISH- HIM
Donating Member
Registered
is their a difference between orig. over fender, or the alt. 2-line, modify lower shroud

there's a difference in design for sure. the over the fender would be a single line from your brake lever down to the right side caliper. Then the second line goes from the same banjo mounting point on the right caliper over to the left caliper.

Alot of people when they go to aftermarket lines end up going with the "dual lines". Meaning they have two lines mounted at the same banjo bolt point on the lever one line goes to the left caliper and the other goes to the right caliper.

I have always heard, no difference in brake performance. On my last bike I used the dual line version with the Spieglers. No way to compare as the braided lines were so much better than the rubber OEM set up. I believe I'll use the dual lines on the Busa too simply because it looks like it would make front fender removal easier than the OE over fender line. After a couple of years with the braided lines, I can feel the ones on the Busa blowing up like balloons.

I have these exact line on my K8..... the Spiegler 2 lint kit.

It mirrors the OEM setup exactly.... one line from front master cylinder to right caliper, then a double banjo bolt at that right caliper to allow for the second line that loops over the fender to the left caliper.

That's the way you want to go on the K8..... if you get the 2-line kit (2 lines running from Front Master Cylinder to calipers), you will need to slightly butcher up your lower triple tree air dam to allow pass-through of this second steel line.

Believe me - trust me - you're going to get all the stopping power you want or need just staying with the OEM line routing, but replacing the stock rubber cheese with quality SS lines, whether they be Spiegler, Galfer, Goodridge, etc.

It mirrors the OEM setup exactly.... one line from front master cylinder to right caliper, then a double banjo bolt at that right caliper to allow for the second line that loops over the fender to the left caliper.

That's the way you want to go on the K8..... if you get the 2-line kit (2 lines running from Front Master Cylinder to calipers), you will need to slightly butcher up your lower triple tree air dam to allow pass-through of this second steel line.

Believe me - trust me - you're going to get all the stopping power you want or need just staying with the OEM line routing, but replacing the stock rubber cheese with quality SS lines, whether they be Spiegler, Galfer, Goodridge, etc.
I installed the Galfer coated steel dual lines on my 08 and had no trouble with the fit at all. Comes with a new clamp to accommodate the two lines and no problem with the air damn.

I installed the Galfer coated steel dual lines on my 08 and had no trouble with the fit at all. Comes with a new clamp to accommodate the two lines and no problem with the air damn.
Let's see the pics so I can tell Matthias over at SpieglerUSA that he is all wrong in his assessment, then.....

You can certainly tell Mr. Matthias he is confussed.

Give me an email address and I'll send you some photos. I'm on dial up and uploading them here is a pain.

for resume, the OEM mount, better than the mount with 2 lines form the MC
rock.gif

sadnews.gif

I installed my Galfer SS lines, and had no problems either.

rock.gif

sadnews.gif
nope. The only differrence would be that it should be cheaper. Less line is used. When your doing mass production every inch of line not needed per unit adds up to huge prodcution cost savings.

rock.gif

sadnews.gif
nope. The only differrence would be that it should be cheaper. Less line is used. When your doing mass production every inch of line not needed per unit adds up to huge prodcution cost savings.
thanks for you assistance
thumb_up.gif

Back