question about full exhausts

nasty nate

Registered
I've not owned a full exhaust yet, always went with slip ons, but Im thinking about putting a full exhaust on the 08 busa...
my only concern is that when I look at dyno charts the with full systems, the power curve seems to dip lower than stock in the very low rpm range (2-4k) then shoot up past stock in the higher rpm. does this mean that from a dead stop I'll get a semi-weak takeoff for a second until I pass 4k? is it noticeable? does it hinder 1st gear power up wheelies? I don't want to loose ANY power down low as this is where I'll be more often on the street.
as always thank you guys for your experience and knowledge.
bowdown.gif

Nastynate...........

It is typical for a full system to have a little less power on the bottom end. One a full system, the tubes are larger and the cans are less restrictive, that means less back pressure, which translates to less bottom end power. Yes, you may notice it, I know I usually do. However, the average power will be more than stock.........then there is the sound, sweet.

Ron

I ordered my R77 4-2-1 Carbon today.  Can't wait!

War,
you installed it yourself.  Did you take it in to have it dyno tuned?

The local dealer here doesn't have a dyno in shop, but they have a Yosh box.
Anyone have any opinions/knowledge/experience with a Yosh box for fuel management?

Sorry if I jacked your thread.

I've not owned a full exhaust yet, always went with slip ons, but Im thinking about putting a full exhaust on the 08 busa...
my only concern is that when I look at dyno charts the with full systems, the power curve seems to dip lower than stock  in the very low rpm range (2-4k) then shoot up past stock in the higher rpm. does this mean that from a dead stop I'll get a semi-weak takeoff for a second until I pass 4k? is it noticeable? does it hinder 1st gear power up wheelies? I don't want to loose ANY power down low as this is where I'll be more often on the street.
as always thank you guys for your experience and knowledge.
bowdown.gif
If you want to keep your low end but want a full system get a 4-into-2. They give you slightly less up top than a 4-into-1, but more mid and bottom end power. A 4-into-1 is more for peak power. Free flowing slip-ons will give a decent power boost and still keep all your low end, but won't match the peak power of the other 2.
winkold.gif

Back