2008 extended swingarms

Iowadiver

Registered
I'm working through my extended swing arm project and working out some potential bugs before ripping into the bike... for anyone who has stretched their K8, what type of arm did you do, where did you get it, what were the specifics, what extra parts did you end up needing to make the mod, did you do a 240 kit or similar? Any info would be great... what issues have you run into?

thanks!

canadian mike...he is a sponsor on here, he can get you some pics im sure....
+1
ThumbsUp.gif

I used the 8in over off my 99 bike. Had to make an aluminium block and attach it to the inside of the swingarm to take the 08 caliper. Apart from that everything bolted on okay using orient express lowering links. Will get some better photos and post them asap.

Drag_1.JPG

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
reggiebusa @ Feb. 26 2008 said:
1311164[/ATTACH] AM]
I used the 8in over off my 99 bike. Had to make an aluminium block and attach it to the inside of the swingarm to take the 08 caliper. Apart from that everything bolted on okay using orient express lowering links. Will get some better photos and post them asap.
id like to see a pic of the block/hanger.....

did you use the 99-07 swingarm,with all the 08 wheel/spacer/hanger etc....

also,is it a fixed legth arm,or adjustable slot(ie. 3-9 over etc)??

thanks

canadian mike

zzwhip.gif

It's a 99-07 swingarm with an 8 inch extension welded into it. Apart from the bracket everything bolted straight on. I will take some pic's of the brake arm bracket tonight and post them in the morning .

Back