What do you do when your bike has 3 miles on it?

ChrisSK

Registered
You tear it apart, of course..
pillepalle.gif
pillepalle.gif

I had ordered some parts for the bike, and they are in transition.. Since the bike has Catalytic Converters, it bothered me. So what do you do when your bored? You rip the whole bike apart before you ever even ride it.

Thanks to Dan, I have every fairing off the bike, and since we are at certain points, we decided to go a step further, remove the dash and get ready for the HID kit coming in. Oh, yea, and while that is off, why not order the double bubble Hayabusa windscreen too..

I had ordered Yohsi Carbon Slip ons, but after reviewing the exhaust, I think it's just gonna have to get a full race header. I was hoping to have one of my guys fabricate a new exhaust to eliminate the cats, but there is just too much going on to hope everything fits right. So hopefully I can exchange my rear exhaust for the full race setup..

Right now, I'm crapping myself, I never even rode the thing yet, and it's in pieces.. This could possibly be the dumbest thing I have ever done.

stageone_1.jpg

stageone_2.jpg

stageone_3.jpg

stageone_4.jpg

stageone_5.jpg

stageone_6.jpg

stageone_7.jpg

stageone_8.jpg

pillepalle.gif
pillepalle.gif
pillepalle.gif

pillepalle.gif

pillepalle.gif

pillepalle.gif

pillepalle.gif

You're certainly not the first to do that! Gives you a good feel for taking her apart that will be helpful in the future.

whats the "caged" cage on the rack? Got some pretty pricey iron on that sig too
smile.gif
I will take the GT

dang you guys are some crazy s.o.b's
tounge.gif
i would be sick to my stomach doing that stuff to my brand new beloved busa

Looks good! Seems like you build them right so it's justified.
beerchug.gif
What do you have planned for the caged RSX/Integra chassis...?

Rotts4U,

What have you got going on...? Nice shop with a studio in the background...
thumb_up.gif

laugh.gif
U guys kill me, when I bought mine I rode it ........................ good luck with all the mods.

I thought I was the only one that did that, mine is apart right now as we speak with zero mis. on it. I've done the parking light mod, HID lights with switch and relay, Scorpio alarm, GPS, Sirius, Air horn, Piper Cross race air filter, Cycle-tek air shifter, SS brake/clutch lines, lowered the rear, 8 gang aux. fuse holder, and a couple of other things. Waiting on my R-77 C/F full exhaust, and Galfer rotors. Glad to know I'm not the only one doing this. Deciding whether or not I'm going to need a PC. NOS on the list also.

Good times! Don't worry Chris, it'll be that much better when its done and now you know how to take the thing apart.
beerchug.gif

I bought mine used in November, so I've put 3 miles on it so far.  It's been torn apart and put back 4 times so far i've:

Changed oil to sythetic
Vortex Frame sliders
Heated grips
Two bros slip on
Flushed brake fluid
Flushed Clutch fluid
Coolant "Blow Yob"
Lowered Back with Soupy links
Reaper's risers out front
Hard wired for Garmin and V1
Ram mounts for Garmin and v1
Sylvania silverstars
Clear alternatives tail light
Cut off Fender
Cleaned chain - apparently it has a gold chain on it!!
Adjusted chain.
Cleaned under sprocket cover
Ripped bike apart, scrubbed with simple green, hosed off and blow dried with leave blower.
Buell Pegs
3m contac paper on tail where tailbags will go.
New Battery
New Spark plugs
K&N air filter
Zero Gravity Sport Touring Shield

I have new SS lines and brake pads coming this week, I will do those this weekend.

It's been a long and painful winter, but I'm keeping busy. You guys have helped me learn alot about this bike.

I couldn't do it without you.

On any motor that is new, I would wait for at least 1000 miles before going to any synthetic oil blend... (many companies use a special blend of oil for break-in time as well)

I know you said you bought "Used" but it could be misleading when you say you have 3 miles on it... Just a heads up for "New" owners...

Just my opinion but most engine builders will usually suggest the same thing..

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
laugh.gif
U guys kill me, when I bought mine I rode it ........................ good luck with all the mods.[/quote]I picked mine up on a Saturday and by Monday, it had 400 rain soaked miles
smile.gif
Nothing like riding a brand new bike home in the rain across 2 states...

Most fun I ever had
woot.gif

Yep tore mine all apart as well with zero miles on it what else are you going to do all winter but get it ready to rock when spring arives.

Back