3 K8 ride out,here are the results..plus K7 drag

john74

Registered
Well after the great day we had here in Greece yesterday and the next few days are sunny and perfect,so we organized a ride yeasterday
3 2008 busas (all stock)
1 2005 busa
1 gsxr750
1 zx6??

well first of all as we where driving all together a GSXR1000 K7 piped up came next to one of my friends with a K8 busa and wanted a roll on so they began the roll ons at 200km,until 230km they were almost together,THEN after that until the 300km mark the busa just kept pulling and pulling away in the end the GSXR1000 gave up and disappered,all that from a STOCK busa,i cant wait to see a piped busa will do next to a stock.
next we did Busa roll ons from 4th and 6th gear
1 rider is 94kg,the 2nd is 82kg and im 78kg (dont know how many pounds this is)
94kg rider vs me(78kg) 6th gear roll on i leaped almost 2 bikes in front
94kg rider vs 82kg rider 6 th gear roll on 82kg rider end up 3 bikes in front
82kg rider vs me(78kg) 4th gear roll on EQUAL
82kg rider vs me(78kg) 6th gear roll on he leaped 1 bike ahead

i use 95 octane and so does my 94kg friend
the 82kg friend uses 100 octane...do you guys think that THIS really makes a difference???

anyway we all maxed the busa out i was on 300km and i measured it with TRUE GPS readings and i saw 278 TRUE km...the bike was at 10300rpm,until 11000rpm how many more km can the busa really give,im thinking to go for a tre or a speedohealer,i know this bike is capable of over 300 true gps km!!What do you guys suggest?

Clipboard01.jpg

I wonder how much difference there would have been in the Gen2's had after-market pipes.

Anyway, AWESOME pix. Thanks for sharing them and your results.

Ya spanked 'em good.
beerchug.gif

10.jpg

Sounds like a great day ya had there! Congrats on the new machines even though they are not the fastest color! Very interesting pulls on the 07 GSXR!!!
bowdown.gif

Nice runs...
beerchug.gif

With a GiPro or TRE, you should be at 190-194mph (307-314kph) depending on wind, tuck, etc..etc.....
thumb_up.gif

how about the 100 octane thing do you think it really makes the bike go better?? sometimes i doubt its actually 100 octane sometimes i think they just say it is because they want to make an extra buck or 2 on gasoline

Another thing i noticed about the GEN2 busa is that A mode DOES NOT consume more gasoline than B , riding with another 2 busas yesterday,we all filled up together i was using B mode and the others A mode in the end i used more gasoline than the others!!
i really did my homework for you guys didnt i??

i was amazed with the power dip in b and c
try this.... ride with c mode and continue to open the throttle,and at about the 100-120 mile mark keep opening fully, and then from C mode hit the mode button down so it can go into A mode while your still full throttle you can feel your bike doubling the horse power the feeling is great  
firedevil.gif

So basically a Fatty on Busa gets spanked by skinny guy on Busa.....

All this after your exclusive tests.....

I could have saved you a few hours testing and told you that was going to happen LOL

Nice to see you spanked the GSXR1000
smile.gif
beerchug.gif

So basically a Fatty on Busa gets spanked by skinny guy on Busa.....

All this after your exclusive tests.....

I could have saved you a few hours testing and told you that was going to happen LOL

Nice to see you spanked the GSXR1000
smile.gif

beerchug.gif
well a fatty on a busa vs a skinny guy on a busa wasnt the idea of these runs it was more for the gasoline 95 - 100 octane testing,note the part when i mentioned a guy 4-5 kg heavier than me leaped 1+ bike in front of me,because he is using 100 octane,and im wondering if that is true or not,DOES THE EXTRA OCTANE EXIST or do they just tell you your using 100 octane while your paying an extra 8 us dollars on every refill

try this.... ride with c mode and continue to open the throttle,and at about the 100-120 mile mark keep opening fully, and then from C mode hit the mode button down so it can go into A mode while your still full throttle you can feel your bike doubling the horse power the feeling is great  
firedevil.gif
Ive got to try this next time out....must be like turbo lag !

Back