Question about "C" mode

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Will putting it in "C" mode lean out the fuel mixture there by giving you better gas mileage? Or does all it do is retard the timing? I was just trying to find a good reason to use it. Thought maybe it would help if you are getting desperately low on fuel or something.

From what i read about it all it does is cut the full throttle power. It has a good description of it in the manual, Doug

IF you take the airbox off, you will see another set of butterflies. This is what controls the c mode.. it just opens them real slow/limited amount.

i've wondered that about the modes someone try it on a like a 15 mile cruise and reset your gas mileage indicater

I don't know about the experienced here, but the Busa is my first bike and the C mode is helping me out a lot on refraining the monster behind that humongous motor, I feel really comfortable and in control when using the C mapping, A mode still makes me very nervous
wowold.gif

But that's just me
ohthedrama.gif

I don't know about the experienced here, but the Busa is my first bike and the C mode is helping me out a lot on refraining the monster behind that humongous motor, I feel really comfortable and in control when using the C mapping, A mode still makes me very nervous
wowold.gif

But that's just me
ohthedrama.gif
It's best to stay there until you get use to it for sure. I don't want to here about anyone on here getting hurt. I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as i can. Doug

DSC_0004RS.jpg

I use C mode in rain or when the road is wet, normally i use B mode for cannions roads, the A mode i hasn´t use very much.

In a magazite test, numbers are as follow:

C mode: 126 HP at 9370 RPM - Bin 9.7 KGM at 6650 RPM
B mode: 173 HP at 10980 RPM - Bin 11.7 KGM at 3810 RPM
A mode: 181 HP at 9820 RPM - Bin 14.3 KPM at 7270 RPM

We call here binary i think you call it torq(?)i really don´t no

I also wondered about the possibility of improving my milage in C mode so I used it for an entire tank of gas to test the results...I didn't see any significant improvement, still got about 38 mpg - the same as I'm getting in A mode.
sad.gif

I use C mode in rain or when the road is wet, normally i use B mode for cannions roads, the A mode i hasn´t use very much.

In a magazite test, numbers are as follow:

C mode: 126 HP at 9370 RPM - Bin 9.7 KGM at 6650 RPM
B mode: 173 HP at 10980 RPM - Bin 11.7 KGM at 3810 RPM
A mode: 181 HP at 9820 RPM - Bin 14.3 KPM at 7270 RPM

We call here binary i think you call it torq(?)i really don´t no
KGM - KilogramMeters instead of ft.lbs
to convert, mulitply KGM x 7.22 to get ft.lbs.

I don't use anything but A mode. If you can't control the throttle in it's native mode you shouldn't be riding that bike. The one time you forget to set it may be the last time you ride.

The diffrence accurs after 4500 rpm, one thing I learned is not to go from C to A while accelerating in a turn at 5500 rpm

I don't use anything but A mode.  If you can't control the throttle in it's native mode you shouldn't be riding that bike.  The one time you forget to set it may be the last time you ride.
Disagree....

C's great in towns in the wet with a pillion.... makes it easier to pull away from lights without the Doris nutting you in the back of the head LOL

Jza

in an another post i wrote that a mode DOES NOT consume more gas,i was on a day trip with another 2 08 busas they were on a mode and i put b mode just to test the difference and in the end mine sucked more gas,so i guess A mode has more advantages apart from the GREAT power increase it also consumes less
bowdown.gif

in an another post i wrote that a mode DOES NOT consume more gas,i was on a day trip with another 2 08 busas they were on a mode and i put b mode just to test the difference and in the end mine sucked more gas,so i guess A mode has more advantages apart from the GREAT power increase it also consumes less  
bowdown.gif
Ye, the bike works harder.

Back