installation of the Touring Windscreen l

Alex Ryu

Registered
IMG_1151.jpg

This a is touring windscreen for k8
of course this is Genuine Suzuki Accessories. Parts number: 990A0-60007.

IMG_1152.jpg

For the installation, remove the OEM windshield from bike.

IMG_1153.jpg

For the job, 3mm hex wrench and screw drivers are needed.
also, small flashlight is needed. why? I was in the dark underground car park.  
rock.gif

IMG_1154.jpg

old vs new. front view.

IMG_1161.jpg

old vs new. back view.

IMG_1162.jpg

old vs new. just see what is the difference of color between two shields.

IMG_1163.jpg

installation is finished. wow. it looks great!
especially kanji logos are very nice!  
thumb_up.gif

IMG_1164.jpg

back view of the bike. new shield is 1~1.5 inch taller than old shield.
new accessory will be making me more comfortable when i'm riding in the ultra speed.  
laugh.gif

this job will be worthwhile for those who like touring,
but for those who like racing, i think this is mean nothing.

have a nice weekend.  
super.gif

This just happen to look like my double bubble i put on mine. Yep i just checked the numbers and it the same. Looks nice, Doug

DSC_0004RS.jpg

I just came home for lunch and mine was sitting on the back deck!! NICE!! Like Christmas when gifts are left on my deck!!

Ok so I have a question about windscreens... It seems that somewhere I read that the mounting is the same for the pretty much all the Hayabusa's... in that an '07 screen will fit the '08. Is that true? I've been watching Zero Gravity pretty closely to see when a true '08 screen is coming out, but if I can get the Smoked Double Bubble for an '07 then I can go that route too.

Can someone post results with the taller windscreen and tell us if they are covered on a bike trip in an open road??How good is the protection from the wind??
|Is it a perfect fit,does it tremble at all on high speeds?some aftermarket shields on the GEN1 used to make a sound thats why,judging from the photo the plastic looks pretty thick

Can someone post results with the taller windscreen and tell us if they are covered on a bike trip in an open road??How good is the protection from the wind??
|Is it a perfect fit,does it tremble at all on high speeds?some aftermarket shields on the GEN1 used to make a sound thats why,judging from the photo the plastic looks pretty thick
Below is the same Suzuki "Accessory" windscreen under discussion; I decided to tint mine a matte black.

It is indeed a perfect fit, and the thickness is as substantial as the OEM screen. It is not flimsy by any means.

Weather protection: the additional 1.5" of height is certainly welcomed and does help a bit, but make no mistake, you are still part of the airstream when riding behind it (head and shoulders, primarily). You notice the extra protection quite a bit more when tucking in. It's definitely a worthwhile screen, IMO.

busascreen700.jpg

Below is the same Suzuki "Accessory" windscreen under discussion; I decided to tint mine a matte black.

It is indeed a perfect fit, and the thickness is as substantial as the OEM screen. It is not flimsy by any means.

Weather protection: the additional 1.5" of height is certainly welcomed and does help a bit, but make no mistake, you are still part of the airstream when riding behind it (head and shoulders, primarily). You notice the extra protection quite a bit more when tucking in. It's definitely a worthwhile screen, IMO.
I agree with Warchild...matter of fact; there aren't any times so far I haven't!! That tint looks hot!! Giving me ideas bro!!

I agree with Warchild...matter of fact; there aren't any times so far I haven't!! That tint looks hot!! Giving me ideas bro!!
hummmm, how did u tint, what was the process you used?

hummmm, how did u tint, what was the process you used?
It wasn't overly sophisticated, but it was very effective:

I used several pads of "medium" steel wool, masking tape, and can of Krylon matte black enamel.

You first do a pain-staking masking tape job all along the upper windscreen edge (which will *not* receive any tinting), then tape/paper off the entire front (outer) side of the screen.

Next, take the medium steel wool and "polish" the *inside* of the windscreen, basically you are just roughing up the surface of the smooth plastic so the paint can adhere to it better as it dries.

After roughing up the surface, apply about 5-7 light coats of thew matter black to the interior side of the windscreen, allowing a sufficient amount of drying time in between coats (*important!*).

Apply moderately thin coats... it's easy to get the Krylon running if you get carried away with it!

Let that baby dry completely before re-installing.

The beauty of this method is that since the painting is *inside* the screen, the normally brilliant, shiny gloss of the outside screen is still there, but now making the windscreen look like a beautiful glossy-black painted piece of work:

KanjiCloseup700.jpg

Duuuuuuude your shield looks freaking awesome!!!
++1
bowdown.gif

Back