Where do these go?

rykstr

Registered
Got the bike put back together, and had two clips that I cant find holes for
sadnews.gif
Had both sides, and the dash off
dunno.gif

Busamod1_015.jpg

Oh yea!, I also adjusted the headlight up from underneath. Note to self, up and down adjustment is on the left side of this bike

iamwithstupid.gif
hmmm, me thinks when you take her out on a run down there in Lauderdale you'll get an idea of what's missing...
idea3.gif

You had all the upper panels off right? Are these the larger plastic rivets (See red on legend below)? If so, I'll try to explain where they go...

I'll try to illustrate on the picture below using this legend:

Black: Small Plastic Rivets
Red: Large Plastic Rivets hidden under the bottom middle panel (This is where I think your 2 missing pieces go)
Green: Medium Pushpins
Light Blue: Screws, no plastic here

untitled.JPG

Oh yea!, I also adjusted the headlight up from underneath. Note to self, up and down adjustment is on the left side of this bike

yeah i had to look this up in the manual. Left one is for the up/down adjustment and Right one is the left/right adjustment.

I wish Suzuki made an easier way of adjusting the headlight's. Such a pain!

Elganja what cha doing with your inner panels? color matching the lines from the tank to the sides?
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif
Ill take it apart again when I get home, and see! I know I filled up all the holes on the fairing with sumtin, I think you maybe right, Maybe they hold the snorkles to the fairing, or vice versus.
bowdown.gif
very much for the demo.

I think I might have the flat surfaced ones in the green holes. The ones that got me stumbled have a nice finish look like they are supposed to be seen. Ill take a look!

beerchug.gif
Ill take it apart again when I get home, and see! I know I filled up all the holes on the fairing with sumtin, I think you maybe right, Maybe they hold the snorkles to the fairing, or vice versus.
bowdown.gif
very much for the demo.

I think I might have the flat surfaced ones in the green holes. The ones that got me stumbled have a nice finish look like they are supposed to be seen. Ill take a look!

when I said "medium push pins" I meant the flat surfaced ones. So you did put those in the correct place. In general (for the upper panels) there are 3 kinds of plastic things. The small rivets => Black, the large rivets => Red (like in your picture) and the flat push pins => Green

Hopefully I haven't confused you more...

Nope I got it. Ill check when I get home. Thanx
beerchug.gif
The hardest was the girls bike whenI took it apart for painting. the 1K's suck

Second.JPG

yeah i had to look this up in the manual. Left one is for the up/down adjustment and Right one is the left/right adjustment.

That panel kicked my A$$. the two pins would move the panel out of the way. I used a suction cup from my transponder (sunpass) to hold the panel down while I pushed the pins up through both peices of plastic. What ever works I guess.

That panel kicked my A$$. the two pins would move the panel out of the way. I used a suction cup from my transponder (sunpass) to hold the panel down while I pushed the pins up through both peices of plastic. What ever works I guess.
I think a lot of people don't know how to remove the plastic fasteners correctly which makes things a ton more difficult. See the attached image...

in fact this image should be stickied at the top!

untitled.JPG

8 in the wheel well for the front tire,and
Two under the front that face down, (point up)
Two that point out on the splash pan under (the swing arm)
two in the dash in the (bat panel) that is under the gauge cluster,
and the two for the wind sheild dash panel. above gauge cluster

I think a lot of people don't know how to remove the plastic fasteners correctly which makes things a ton more difficult. See the attached image...

in fact this image should be stickied at the top!
Cant say I ever met someone that couldnt figure out how the fastners work, but I guess there out there. Maybe my Harley buds, might get stumped by them.
zzwhip.gif

Hey now, Watch it, I got a Harley too.(I don't ride it much now, I like to go fast)
But Harley would have used 3/4" bolts to hold the fairing, on not some plastic pins.....LOL
Really, my Busa had two of them missing when I bought Her, so I went to the dealer and got some and played with them first.
Otherwise I would have to drill them out......LOL again

IMG_6991_2__resized__191_kb.jpg

Back