First Service Saturday

Jza

Registered
So looks like i'll get to finally experience the full grunt of my baby this weekend.

She's not been past 6000 rpm (well maybe when i wasnt looking ;))

Any advice on mental preparartion for the event?

Any suggestions..

Gortex underwear?

Parachute?

Neck brace?

LOL

It'll probably rain anyway LOL

Jza

have fun
thumb_up.gif

i just did the 1000km service and after 800km i have been running up to 8000rpm...another 500km to go and im gonna crack the baby full on
firedevil.gif

Oh, you could of let her rip long ago. I had mine on the dyno with less than 100 miles on the odometer. Probably did 30 full power pulls and the beast pulls like a freight train.

My only suggestion to you is be sure you aren't leaned when you give her the rip. She "WILL" spin the tire and does it so effortlessly.

All the corner carvers with the 08 will quickly learn to be very gentle with the throttle on corner exits. And/or learn to deal with the rear steping out.

You my friend, truly have a tiger by the tail. Be careful of the teeth as they can cause serious damage.
beerchug.gif

I followed the break-in procedure, closing in on 30 hard K miles no problems. Don't know about the '08, but my '06 started getting crazy at 4K and stays that way through 10K. Front wheel likes to get light in first and second, arse end will break lose hitting second and third hard. This bike has always taken care of me thank God.

I weight bout 250 dressed out, so if you're lighter you can imagine what the ride will be like.

A decent Dyno jock will do a break in on the Dyno ................

Enjoy and be safe brother

4200 miles on my 08...

Time for a new rear tire and another 'regular' service (I'm about 600 miles overdue).

I went 'by the book' on the break-in period, as well...seems that if there were going to be problems with the bike at any future point, at least I know I broke it in the way the designers/engineers planned it.

cool.gif

When I bought my 2000 Busa I was doing the take it easy go by the book thing. Put on about 150 miles and my buddy that owns the dealership asked me what speeds have I hit. I told him I was following the book.... He said that the bike was made to run right out of the box he said "Open it up lets hear of some real numbers you can't hurt it!" The break in time is to get a rider use to the power a little at a time to keep them from hurting them self! Well from that point on I let her rip... It never hurt the motor and I have over 30,000 on the Busa now and it is animal.. no burning oil or messing up the motor.. When the B King shows up in the next week or so thats how its going to get treated!!! Its an animal!! let her eat she can take it!!

Back