08 busa vs. 06 1000?

NOTORIOUS

Registered
so the challenge has been poised.

my 08 busa, with full m4, map, and pcIIIr has been challenged on a 2nd gear roll on by my buddy in a 06 1000 with a race fit exhaust, tune, sprocket, and BMC.

should I take it? or should I shy?

take it and stomp his azz!!!
cool.gif

What sprocket and for how long of a run?

Most likely you should take it. I have an 05 1k and I think the busa stock is much faster than my stretched and geared 1k.

-1/+2 ... TAKE IT!

By the time he figures out how to keep his front wheel down, you'll be long gone!

Also go to 6th. He'll rev out waaay before you.

Let us know I have a guy here wanting to run stop to quarter on the drag strip with his 06' stretched and piped 1000 against my stock 08 busa. wondering whether or not to try it he supposedly runs 630's thru the 8th

Make damn sure he's in second gear not first or he'll smoke you like a pack of Marlboros, if he starts in second like agreed you should pull him pretty good if you are about the same weight, rider weight that is.

take on the race...he is going to have a hard time keeping the front end down being gearwed that way....worse thing that can happen is that you lose.. but i highly doubt it go on to 6th gear though... post results
guns.gif

According to this month's Sport Rider, the 08 Busa is the quickest motorcycle that they have ever tested. If you lose, it's your fault!

Fast Bikes mag just did an article comparing the K8 to the GSXR-1000.

The dude basically concluded that when he got of the Busa onto the Gixxer, he thought the Gixxer was in Mode C cause it felt so slow.

Slaughter his ass ;)

Jza

I'd say practice first, cause anymore almost any of the liter plus bikes with practiced rider are a handfull......... Now, if your practiced up then give em both barrels!
Right before you get ready to race him; tell him to hold on a second.... Then smoothly reach over and look into while adjusting your rearview mirrors! Then look a couple times over your shoulder.... Now, tell him your ready!  
firedevil.gif

RESULTS ARE IN

BUSA 2

GSXR 0

it happend on an undisclosed road in Dallas, Tx...
we warmed up did a little riding, and he kept practicing his roll ons , i noticed his front end would come up every time he throttled. but he started to get it to where he was not coming up.

second gear,
first run, jumped him, pulled him saw him in my mirror the whole time. 4-5 bike lengths.

second run, he jumped, pulled him, saw him in my mirror the whole time...

This bike was DEFINETLY not stock.. he would not share. but i noticed his FI light was on and he said it was supposed to be like that.. so I think he was Sandbagging, and he was tuned by one of, if not the best tuner in Dallas.

on the way back we did some "texas riding" and i let him take off... from 8 bikes back , I was able to catch him and pull him ... of course once I hit 6th he was no where to be seen...

all in all, busa good.

Girlfreind has an 05 stock 1K and weighs in at 120 with gear. Me Im 265 with gear on a 08 stock, and I cant pass her until we about 140. In the 1/4, she comes out on top.

Back